Blue Lightning Stecil

Mike Martinez

Quite often the only word that moves quickly about a business or an individual is a negative one... this is not the case. A week ago I ordered new stencils from Ernie and everything went smoothly until I got my hands on them. I followed typical protocol on setting up for a stencil and went for it expecting to be wowed like everyone else has been with Ernie's product. Sadly this was not the case. Due to my foul up, I inadvertently destroyed three stencils. After the fist I email him and he gave me some pointers but try as I may, I couldn't get the stencil to stay together long enough to leave a mark. I changed everything and kept on destroying stencils until deciding to change the electrolyte solution. The stuff had been sitting in my shop for a long while in through the hot Texas summers. Anyhow, the homemade saline solution worked wonderfully and I let Ernie know. Here is where he sets himself apart from others... He asked me how many stencils had been ruined and I told him... with a bit of shame mind you. Next thing you know, he sends me an email to let me know that he has sent 3 replacement stencils to replace the one that I MUCKED UP. How great is that?!

Sorry for the long post but I felt that Ernie deserved some recognition. He has a customer for life in me.

Cool it is always nice to deal with a "good guy". Could you post his web page I need to look into marking some of my knives.

He is good people. For some strange reason, most knife makers are good people. I can't explain it, but it is true.

Robert

Yelp Ernie is the best bar none . And electrolyte solution?? I just use hot warm salt water, it gives a deeper etch and will not damage your stencil.

Well, lets say it was a solution. As long as it has been in my shop there is no telling what all it may contain. I mix things and forget to throw them out or label them. Bad habit, I know.

Ernie is definitely the best, and he's the only guy I'll ever use for stencils. Some of the best prices I've seen for quality work, and service couldn't be faster or better as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, I've always used a homemade saline solution for my etching on carbon steel, and I've always gotten fantastic results.
I do run my homemade etcher a little hot though (24V) so if I'm not careful I do burn an occasional stencil up.

22a4a269.jpg

+1 for Ernie!!

Great guy without a doubt.

BC

Thats great , the ones I got from him seem to work great as well.

Tell me about this homemade solution please.

Dwane

Ernie is not only good people, he is top of the line people. Like so many of us I have decided on changing my original makers mark and have a new order in presently to Blue Lighting Stencil, I have no doubt that the deal will be as pleasant an experience as the first time I ordered from him! :35:

I agree with all the rest, I've never had a bad product from Ernie, and his customer service is over the top!
Thanks Ernie!!!

God Bless
Mike

Yep... Ernie rocks!

Now I'm going to have to try plain ol' saltwater... I can't even remember what all I mixed together for my current concoction... (get it?.."current" :biggrin: ), but I know there is TSP, water, maybe some salt..etc. Simple is better!

Back