Birthday gift for a 12 year old

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
OK so one of the coaches from darci's teams come up and wants a knife for his kid "boyscout" 12 years old ,this is what i came up with.OK"i want a saw in the knife was his only worry"it is 200 layer billet of 1095-15n20 with a center core of three way billet of two 1070 and center center core of 52100 ,4" blade round tip so as he don't stab something and a filed cutting top edge and a false tip sweage.the handle is rubber horse mat and 1/4" tubes just a good camp knife .so today was his birthday , dad wanted to pay but darci said no way he's the best coach , so he got the knife he's all ways wanted thats what he said.and said he'd give it to his kid and all the girls just said real loud yeeeeeooooooo that just gross ."LOL" anyways hear it is .
DSC01682.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

DSC01687.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

Very nice, Clint! 2thumbs

Now, the question is, will the B.S.A. allow the kid to carry it? huh1

You are a very kind and generous man to make so many gifts for so many folks!
uh, maybe that's why you are low on steel and dough? < LOL

God has blessed you in many ways- with talents and great family and good friends.

Clint,

This is very cool of you bud. Very nice blade.:eek:

If only someone would have given me a blade of this caliber when I was 12unsure:D.

I would say he is going to jump for joy getting this beast!!!
2thumbs
Well done Clint.

C

Very nice, Clint! 2thumbs

Now, the question is, will the B.S.A. allow the kid to carry it? huh1
NO but its not for that just trying to make myself feel good about giving a kid a knife "LOL" I told the dad it for the dad he can do what he wants for it being its not my kid "I know that she can handle it but this boy i dont know so being a boyscout made me think the best of him "LOL"

Back