Austin Thrasher Photo Gallery-past work, current wips, etc..

Thanks y’all! I owe a lot to Tony Bose. I live about 3 miles from him and have an open invitation to his shop whenever I need help or just want to hang out. He’s been a huge help to me and I’m blessed to live so close to a rockstar maker that’s willing to help new guys out.

Another one of my knives. I haven’t made any knives for a few months cause I’m still finishing up my shop (almost done) but this is one that I made this spring. 3/16 01 Tool Steel, and if I remember correctly, a Padauk wood handle. FE1263B6-E436-466D-8538-4D045387D376.jpeg

Japanese Matagi Camp Knife. Pattern was from Murray Carters book, 101 Knife Designs. 1/4” 01 Tool Steel. Canvas Micarta handle. 15” OAL. 9” Blade.

D6974294-C2AE-4BB5-B98E-03A7C5E7B52F.jpegE91FAEBE-1A42-487D-81EC-5D33696E9E2C.jpeg78FF7522-4C9A-49A8-840A-D5075E2B57ED.jpeg

How did you like the book by Murray? Is it worth it? Great knife by the way I actually really like a Brute de forge finish. I sold my first one with that finish the other day.

Chris: Just finished that book, and I would advise it.
Austin: How did you get that finish on it? The knife and sheath look really cool!

Another great looking knife!

hey Austin is your Avatar pic how you usually grind? Hopefully just for the pic....steel dust is super hard on the lungs. (you've prolly heard people comment ...if so please overlook my nagging...lol)

ps...really like that "Thrasher" logo!

How did you like the book by Murray? Is it worth it? Great knife by the way I actually really like a Brute de forge finish. I sold my first one with that finish the other day.
I really like it. I’ve had it for several years now and go back to it very often for design tips and patterns to use. I just always make sure to give credit to the author when I use one. I really like some of the Japanese flair Murray incorporates into his blade design.

Another great looking knife!

hey Austin is your Avatar pic how you usually grind? Hopefully just for the pic....steel dust is super hard on the lungs. (you've prolly heard people comment ...if so please overlook my nagging...lol)

ps...really like that "Thrasher" logo!

Thanks a lot Ted!
Actually that’s how Ive ground for a long time and I’ve got to do something safer. I tried the paper masks and they fogged up my safety glasses really bad. I do have a dust collector right under the belt but it definitely doesn’t catch it all. I haven’t made any blade since this spring because I’ve been building my new shop and I completely intend to buy a good mask when I get started up again. Any suggestions?

Back