Another Butter bean.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
My wife asked me to make this for one of her favorite cousins, this cousin is a lady of about 50-60 years old and loves knives. My wife specified a Butter Bean pattern with hand jigged chocolate micarta and left the rest up to me. This is my second Butter Bean that is not a slipjoint, I chose to build a linerlock (I'm reeeeeealy enjoying building these linerlocks). This is the first linerlock that I've built with bolsters (That complicates matters somewhat.). I also chose to do a nail nick instead of a thumbstud, for a cleaner look. The blade is Sandvic 13c26 stainless, the bolsters are 416 stainless as is the spacer, the liners are titanium and the scales are chocolate paper micarta, hand jigged.

I love that one, Calvin !!! I suggest you go to a hidden pivot to make things a lot easier and to me they even look better. Just relieve the area on the bolsters where the pivot screw will make contact and use two screws of the same size to hold the bolster on . Frank

I love that one, Calvin !!! I suggest you go to a hidden pivot to make things a lot easier and to me they even look better. Just relieve the area on the bolsters where the pivot screw will make contact and use two screws of the same size to hold the bolster on . Frank

Frank, you're reading my mind, I intend to do that asap. I'm also going to try hiding the bolster screws (Flat head machine screws going in from the underside and countresunk) and so just the pivot screw will show, also go to a 0-80 pivot screw. Thanks for the encouragement.

Calvin, I've done the hidden screw thing on all four on one side. It is very easy to make it so you can't get in from the back. (In between the liners.)Watch the placement of the back screw on the bolsters and you will need some blade thickness to sneak them in. I took a long narrow thin piece of some SS I had and mounted a nib of a piece of an "L" wrench in a hole in the end to make a working (?) wrench. I don't think I will do more than the couple I've already done. I believe the buyers want to see those screws. If you email me at niro@telus.net I think I have a picture of one I can send you. Sorry but I don't yet know how to post to the forum. I sure like your work Calvin! It's clean and neat and stylish as well. Frank

Calvin, I've done the hidden screw thing on all four on one side. It is very easy to make it so you can't get in from the back. (In between the liners.)Watch the placement of the back screw on the bolsters and you will need some blade thickness to sneak them in. I took a long narrow thin piece of some SS I had and mounted a nib of a piece of an "L" wrench in a hole in the end to make a working (?) wrench. I don't think I will do more than the couple I've already done. I believe the buyers want to see those screws. If you email me at niro@telus.net I think I have a picture of one I can send you. Sorry but I don't yet know how to post to the forum. I sure like your work Calvin! It's clean and neat and stylish as well. Frank
Frank,
I will e-mail you. Thanks for your kind words.

Back