Amish Made Knives

edited out by bossdog...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen, Maybe we should stop bashing the Amish. For the most part they are good people and most of all they are God's children too.

We can't judge the whole for what a few practice. There are many more main stream Americans that run puppy mills than Amish. I just happen to live close to them and my daughter helps the animal shelter so I am exposed to the local abuse which happens to be Amish. That is why I posted in this thread.

The Amish are a hard working, basically honest, Talented people and this area depends on them for many things.

There are different groups with in the Amish community and each group has their own ways of interpreting their beliefs. Some go strictly by their old ways and lately the younger groups are becoming more modern.

It is different for different areas of the country. In 1990 I started working with a group of Amish Dairy farmers in the Clarita , Oklahoma area. They used horses for about everything they did and it was interesting to see them pull a baler with four horses and have a gasoline motor mounted on the baler to run it. The sons of the group all went to Texas to work and on thei return brought their rubber tire tractor to work the fields. They had quite a fight and several left to keep the old ways going. AT the same time a lot of their relatives lived in the Choteau, OK. area and they were know for driving their tractors down the sides of the highway with a pickup bed trailer behind it to get to town and back.

Gentlemen, I have edited out several comments that made allegations against an entire group of people that frankly won't stand up. Keep it to knives.

Back