A Student's Knife

antigoth24

I wanted to share some pictures from my first knife making class in the new shop in Minnesota. He had a fairly ambitious goal in mind of completely a full knife and sheath over two 8 hour class days, to add to this we decided to add a hamon as well. The hamon looks low and lean (in the good way) in person but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a good photo with the lighting and time at the end of the class. This was his first knife he had fully done from start to finish and his third he had worked on. In either case I think he did an excellent job and so I wanted to share his work, I think I'm as proud of his work as he is :) But here is the knife he did. It was forged from a bar of 1095 and given rosewood scales with stainless steel pins.

Robert

Nice first finished knife. Willingness to admit you need help and then get it is a giant set in the learning process. In a couple of more knives the classes will show he save years over the self taught method.

Robert,
Great success by the two of you. You are a good teacher and your student looks to have the beginning of the disease of knife making.

Wade

Hey Arock I'm just south of the Twin Cities and for these individual classes the dates aren't fixed they are individually scheduled.

Back