3rd knife completed

dublewyde

Hello everyone this is my first actual post on here, I figure I've done enough lurking.
This is my 3rd knife, it's 1080 with black micarta handles. Any critique would be well appreciated, i apologize for the cell phone pic my camera took a crap on me.image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Good job on your 3rd knife. My critique is as follows: 1) Where is your makers mark? You have to put your name on it! 2) I always want to know where people are from and you don't have it showing on your profile. Glad you decided to take the plunge and join the rest of us in this mad pursuit. This is a great place.

Bill

My makers mark is on the other side of the blade. I had a hard time putting the bevel on this one, it's there but at the top it kind of rounds out. I'm chalking that up to doing it by hand with files, so I'm working on building a jig that will allow me to be more consistent with the bevels. I've learned so much just from reading along the whole forums. It's a wealth of knowledge to retain that's for sure!

Bill, I didn't live to far from you a couple of years ago.i was in new Caney just north of humble. Slatroni, thanks although I've got a long ways to go with lots of room for improvement.

Back