**** 3rd Annual KnifeDogs Mith Giveaway ****

My package just arrived to day from Chris Roberts. Lots of goodies that will be put to good use. I will get pics posted later.
Thanks Chris
Jim

I just received an amazing assortment of goodies from Rob Horn, including a very nice piece of Buckeye Burl, and a gorgeous piece of axis deer horn . Rob I don't know your screen name or I'd send a PM thanking you.

Thanks so much. Now I need to get to work and use some of these goodies and make some knives.

Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG-20120326-00030.jpg
    IMG-20120326-00030.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I just received an amazing assortment of goodies from Rob Horn, including a very nice piece of Buckeye Burl, and a gorgeous piece of axis deer horn . Rob I don't know your screen name or I'd send a PM thanking you.

Thanks so much. Now I need to get to work and use some of these goodies and make some knives.

Thanks again

You are welcome! Sorry it took so long to get it out to you, I hope you enjoy everything!

Jim , glad you liked the stuff , it is hard to find things for some guys. All the wood I had seemed too plain compared to what I have seen you post that you have stabilized, so I looked for other items and tossed in a couple not so common (I hope ) wood blocks.
chris
My package just arrived to day from Chris Roberts. Lots of goodies that will be put to good use. I will get pics posted later.
Thanks Chris
Jim

package from Chris Roberts

IMG_3320.jpg

Here is the package I received from Chris. It will be put to good use. Thanks to Ernie for taking the time to arrange this MITH
Jim

I know I took WAY too long, but I was finally able to get a package in the mail yesterday. Sorry for being the Straggler on this one... :|

Archer hate to see a guy go with out, I am prepping for a show that is in a week, so when I get back I will whip something up for you maybe a couple others can also pitch in.

I know my recipient DonL has received his and was told he would post pictures but it has been a long time now. So DonL where's the pic, I forgot what I sent you?

Yeah send me your address as well. Not fair to be left out. I am sure I can put together a little care package.
Jim

I got a really great suprise at work today. A BIG chunck of iron wood, brass, ss tube, corby bolts, brass tube, drill bits, and 1084. Pics to come later.

Thanks for putting this together. This is alot of stuff. And good stuff too! Great traking Mark.

Here is a complete list. Iron wood 8" wide x 4" thick x 11 1/2" long, set of drill bits, 2-5/16 303ss corby, golfball file handle (neat!), brass bar at 6" x 1/2" x 1 1/4", 1084 8" x 1 1/2 x 1/4", brass tube at 9 3/4" x 1/4" thick wall, 3-303 ss tube at 10" x 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", leather 16" x 10", and a book about William Scagle.

This was well worth the wait! Thank you all!

P1010104.jpg

Enjoy those things James,
I thought you might like the Ironwood being a woodworker, and tried to include enough stuff to complete a knife. Glad you received it, as I wasn't sure about the addy.

Mark

Tim... (Rootes of OH)

Dude, I just got a RTS package back from the post office, saying "Damaged by USPS, Return to sender." Apparently, the bundle of steel that i put in the box was just dying to escape! :( they just brought me a very light box with the remainder of stuff still inside.

I'm sorry this has turned into such a fiasco to get mailed. :( I'm going to pack up another box and get it sent back out by the weekend.

Dang you USPS! UGH

Finally got pics....

First off, I want to thank Ernie for putting this MITH on. I could have sworn I posted what Mike Turner sent to me, but I guess it was a pm to Mike I was thinking about.

Second, my apologies to Mike Turner for not getting these pics up quicker. Right after receiving them I caught some funk that kept me down for about two weeks. In those two weeks I got seriously behind in my work. During the time of trying to catch up, my Wife put the remains of her annual garage sale in my Shop...umm...I mean my...errr...OUR Garage, with the statement "I'll have all this out of your way by next weekend. A few months later and her stuff is still in the Garage. One day the neighbors across the street held a charity Garage sale so I seized the opportunity to donate to a good cause and kill the proverbial two birds with one stone! HER Garage sale stuff went across the street and was "donated" for a good cause and I got my Garage back!

So anyway, I'm just now getting everything back in order to start playing with my knives again. I wanted to thank Mike for a wonderful treat that arrived via USPS. Like some others, my packaged arrive and it looked like the Post Office had drug it here behind a truck! :eek: They had wrapped a few rubber bands around it but it was just short of falling out. I might add that Mike did have it packaged very well, it's just that those USPS workers can be a little harsh on some things....

There was a bundle of Cru Forge, some wrought iron billets from an anchor chain (very cool, Mike wrote descriptions on each bundle!) and then some billets of San Mai!!!:biggrin: There was also a stabilized Bubinga scales to boot. I made out like a bandit :drool: I've been thinking about this stuff every time I tried to work in my Garage. Now I'll have a chance to play around with it!

Here's some pics (the Bubinga is not in the pics. I apparently put it up so as to not loose it and can't remember where I put it :eek: I hate it when that happens, but I'll find it sooner or later!!)

Mith1.jpg

DSCN2209.jpg

DSCN2211.jpg

DSCN2212.jpg

Again, my thanks to Mike, Ernie and everyone else for making this happen. As someone who's been wanting to expand my knife making skills, I couldn't have asked for a better, or cooler, MITH gift! Now all I have to do is decide on what kind of knife will be first...:31: My apologies again to you Mike for not getting this up sooner.

Thanks a million for being generous with your supplies!!!!

Last edited:
Back