2nd annual KD July KITH

I'll bite. I signed up last year but life got in the way. The good news is I've got about 30 knives more experience now...

Bump this back up. I know it seems like a long time off, but July will be here before we know it.
If you are a new maker, please dont be afraid to get involved.

Sean's right, don't be shy. Sometimes a KITH is just what a person needs to kick 'em in the butt and get 'em to do their best work so far!

He Sean,
Thanks for hosting this year.
I am going to kick it up a bit this year, I have started to make stainless damascus, and my entry this year will be made of my own stainless damascus. I put a damascus knife in every year, this one will be special. I don't know the design yet, but it will be cool.
Count me in.

I'll make this a sticky as well.

How about an amateur, none professional, hobbyist just starting out enjoys the hell out of it but has no talent kind of person?

I'll make this a sticky as well.

That's cool, thank you!

Thank you too Sean for stepping up and getting this year's KITH started. Lots of great traditions going on around here :thumbup:

How about an amateur, none professional, hobbyist just starting out enjoys the hell out of it but has no talent kind of person?

I vote YES. Man, jump in and get started now! You have plenty time to make mistakes, fix 'em, ask questions, and so on. We're all here to learn and pass on whatever we know.

No one was born knowing this stuff, someone had to teach them. No one ever made a perfect knife their first time, in fact I never made a perfect knife at all and probably never will. But I keep getting a little better every time. I'm pretty sure that's the whole idea :)

Thanks Del. Looking forward to it. Stainless huh? Guess Ill be giving you a call soon for some stock.

Roger,
Thats what its all about man! Glad to have you.

Sean

Back