2016 Knife Dog's Knifemaker's Christmas Exchange!

We have a great group this year! We can always use more though. Has anyone heard from Steve Janik or Boss Dog? Hint Hint!!

So everyone should have gotten a private message from me this morning with the name and address of your recipient. If you want to make it easier for others, you can make a small post about what you would like from Santa (ie. what kind of materials do you like to use, what kind of knives do you make), this should make it easier for your Santa to get you the perfect gift.

Please have your package mailed by December 17th. The first year I participated in this I received a very nice box of supplies and materials, and a nice letter from my Santa, introducing himself. It's a nice way for us to get to know each other a little better.

If anyone has any questions or problems, please let me know and I'll try to remedy it.

From my family to yours, please have a safe and happy holiday season!

What Bill wants for Christmas:
I will like anything knife related! I haven't made a ton of knives-don't have any certain kind I like (well maybe I favor larger, more traditional knives). If I get something I haven't used or worked with yet- that's just a good chance to try something new! I use a propane forge and 2x72 belt grinder. -am trying to get a coal forge together, and am building a power hammer.
Thanks for putting this on. This is my first year in this exchange and I'm really looking forward to it.
Bill

Walt would also like some new handle materials to try along with mabbe some new pin stock besides brass,copper, or stainless to try.
I have a 1x42 grinder, and send out blades to be ht for now.

Jess likes unique or wood with a story. I make full tang knives and work with both stainless and carbon steel.

Aaron likes unique woods or composite handle materials and pins of different materials as well. I make full tang knives and have a 1x42" grinder.

-Aaron

Aaron likes unique woods or composite handle materials and pins of different materials as well. I make full tang knives and have a 1x42" grinder.

-Aaron
What make of grinder is yours Aaron? Mines a Sterling.

My grinder is a handmade one. Picked up at a farm auction a few years back. Had to replace the motor last year but the rest of it's been pretty solid.

-Aaron

Jim loves to make puukko knives, also hunters and folders; liner lock and slippies. I love wood with character, and some of the synthetic material but not the plastics. I work with carbon, stainless and Damascus steels. My grinders are 2 x 72.
Merry Christmas everyone.

DeMo likes all kinds of knife related stuff and is not really all that picky. To date, mostly hunters in carbon steel (1095, 1080, 1084). I recently purchased a knife oven so that I can start using stainless. Although, I haven't plugged it in yet. It has been 6-8 months and I was hoping to have a new shop by now. Oh well, I digress.

Full tang, stick tang, and through tang construction. Recently been experimenting with the "hamon". I have used wood, horn, antler, brass, stainless, and G-10 for handles. I appreciate different. I like to experiment. You can see most of my knives here: http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?34404-DeMo-Knife-Thread

I am in the process of getting a shop that is separate from my garage. My wife wants to evict me from my own garage, even though I stay on my side, pretty much. I'm having land issues with the city but hope to get them resolved by spring so construction can begin. Once constructed, I will obtain a mill and I cannot wait to make a few slip joint folders. If all falls into place, this is next year's resolution.

You do not need to worry about making me happy, so don't sweat it. I'm easy!!! Just throw some knife stuff in a box and mail it out. I will be joyous and grateful. I have caught the Christmas spirit. Looking forward to spending some time with my wife and children and watching the KC Chiefs on Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas to all !!!

DeMo

I will be trying to get mine out tomorrow or Saturday ( huge box anyone now a semi company I can rent to ship mine :) :) :) JK lol

Back