2016 Knife Dog's Knifemaker's Christmas Exchange!

Discussion in 'Knife Dogs Main Forum' started by J. Hoffman, Nov 3, 2016.

1. J. Hoffman

J. Hoffman Dealer - Purveyor

It's that time of the year again! The Knife Dog's Christmas Exchange. This is one of my favorite events each year (Next to the USKMS Hammer-In).

This is a gift exchange between friends (some you haven't met yet). The gift package should be valued near $25, and should be some kind of item for making a knife. Bruce Bump said it best when he said "Think Toys Not Socks". Handle materials, known steel, handle hardware, specialty tools etc. are some ideas.

Here is how it works. Make a post in this thread saying that you are in, and I will add you to the list. On December 9 I will send you an email or IM with the name and address of another maker. You will need to have your gift in the mail by December 17. This will give you a week to get your package ready, and it should allow plenty of time for the USPS to get the package to the recipient before Christmas.
    When you enter, PLEASE send me an email or IM with your mailing address. I don't like having to chase people down for addresses. mooseyard@gmail.com

Some Food for thought:
    -Research your recipient a little bit before you decide what to send. Check their posting history and see what kind of knives they usually make and what kind of materials they may like. Don't send G10 to someone who only uses wood, or don't send 2x72 belts to someone that only has a 1x30 (that's just cruel :biggrin: )

-Don't use this as a way to clean out your junk drawer. Send things you would like.

-If you enter and then can't send something please let me know before I draw names!

-When you send your package, include a small note with info about yourself. This is a great way to get to know each other a little bit better.

-Anyone is welcome to join; new makers all the way up to masters and everyone in between.

This has grown each year, and I would love to see even more people get involved this year!

Any questions or concerns, please let me know.
    Jess

Participants
    1. Jess Hoffman
    2. DeMo
    3. Scott Livesey
    4. Bruce Bump
    5. Scott Thomas
    6. Wall e
    7. ACLakey
    8. Deane (oldknife)
    9. Ty Adams
    10. Freds Edge
    11. Mark Behnke
    12. CAJones
    13. Larry Franklin
    14. Bill Hubbel
    15. Peter Martin
    16. Matt de Clercq
    17. KenH
    18. Jim Moenck
    19. Aaron

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. Dennis Morland

Dennis Morland KNIFE MAKER

Jess

Thank you for heading this up this year, again. I'm in.

This is one of the best events on KD every year. It has been growing a little bit each year. Hopefully that will continue.

I'll send a pm with my information.

DeMo

3. J. Hoffman

Thanks for playing along again Dennis.

4. Dennis Morland

Dennis Morland KNIFE MAKER

Jess

It is all about the Christmas spirit which knifemakers' are particularly good at sharing. Here is a couple of past threads that will help some of the newer members to understand this event a little bit better.

Join in and play along. This is an awesome opportunity to meet a new friend or two.

It makes for a Very Merry Christmas!!!!

DeMo

2014 - http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php...ft-Exchange&highlight=Christmas+gift+exchange

2015 - http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php...ft-Exchange&highlight=Christmas+gift+exchange

5. scott.livesey

scott.livesey Dealer - Purveyor

count me in, happy to play

6. J. Hoffman

Got you Scott

7. Bruce Bump

Bruce Bump Forum Owner-Moderator

I actually got socks last year and was thrilled. All I gave was a bunch of ironwood.
    I'm in again this year.

8. Leeco

Leeco Well-Known Member

Count me in

9. wall e

wall e Well-Known Member

Im in for this years gift exchange.
    Despite using wood most the time G10 would be a new one to try. Lol

10. ACLakey

ACLakey Well-Known Member

Okay...I'm in!

11. oldknife

oldknife Well-Known Member

IM in E-mail sent Deane

12. Ty Adams

Ty Adams KNIFE MAKER

Count me in. Email sent.

13. Freds Edge

Freds Edge Well-Known Member

In---Love the Christmas exchange.

14. Mark Behnke

Mark Behnke Well-Known Member

I'm in
    sending email

15. CAJones

CAJones Well-Known Member

Trust me, that guy was thrilled to get it! :biggrin:

In again and excited to take part.

Chris

16. franklin

franklin Well-Known Member

Oh come on you now I'm in if you will let me play we're is uncle Janik is he playing ???? Thanks for running this jess I am little embarrassed I made out like a Peter Martin last year lol

17. Bill Hubbell

Bill Hubbell KNIFE MAKER

I'm in. Thx for putting this on!

18. Matt de Clercq

Matt de Clercq Well-Known Member

Sign me up!

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

I'm in - thanks for handling this Christmas Gift program. It's always a lots of fun, and always get nice stuff and try to send something useful. email sent:

Ken H>

20. Jim Moenck

Jim Moenck Well-Known Member

Jess, I'm in. And thanks for doing this again this year. PM on the way. Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone.