1080 and Canvas Micarta

D.Douglas

With the help of my new Wilmont grinder and Fred Rowe bubble jig i knocked this little beauty out. This is my first go at grinding bevels. Its amazing the amount of work it takes to make a knife from start to finish. Waterjet cut blank saved a little time. 1/8 " 1080 steel with some multi colored canvas micarta and some fat stainless pins to be engraved later. Time to sharpen her up and see how she performs. I forgot to mention its also a tapered tang and has a 400 grit hand rubbed finish.

001-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey thank you Randy. For all and any more advice you have given me. Couple more and i will be ready for that feather pattern damascus. Just working out the bugs bro.

Thanks James, I certainly follow the kiss principal. Hey you going to the fall Badger show? Its not near as big as the spring show. I usually ride up with a friend on friday. Ill have to check the dates but its in sept.

Thanks Bruce, Got a engraving job to finish up then i will engrave it. Got the knife makin bug though and its hard to sit down and engrave.

great job douglas, it looks like a real good user, ill be at the badger show let me now when your going and i will meet you there just pm me and maybe this time well hang out, steve j are you going?

Back