Übergrinder

Traction.

Rubber drive wheels are FAR superior to metal.

I use them on every grinder I have, and I currently have Six 72" belts slung in the grinding room...

I hate when belts slip.

I agree that Rubber covered drive wheels work much better!

My Hardcore grinder has a 5" drive wheel in the front at the bottom of the platen with the 2" rubber covered on top. I have already replaced the 2" wheel at the top of the platen on the KMG because it would bust the belts "Norton and other good ones" when I hogged off metal with that top uncovered Aluminum wheel.

Thanks. You just made me realize one of the reasons why the KMG isn't nearly as smooth as the Hardcore.
My next project is to get a rubber drive wheel for my KMG.

I still don't thing it with be as smooth as the Hardcore machine, But I'm sure it will help quite a bit.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

I have a Hardcore too.
It is the smoothest grinder I have.

Rubber helps on the KMG though.

The only thing I have seen that compares on smoothness is Travis' TW-90

Super Smooth.

Nice video.

I really liked the part where you went from horizontal to vertical while still running.
Sorta reminded me when they first came out with the "shift-on-the-fly" four-wheel-drive commercials!
(Guess we all got a little kid left in us.)

Great machine, and a super job well-done. Relocating the tracking adjustment is a huge plus.

Beautiful job on the grinder, Its like a souped up KMG on steroids! You should sell that design to Rob Frink on a Percentage basis.

Brad

Back