Summer Time, Where is it Nice ?

I really like Idaho, we have mid 80's to low 90's in the day but cools to the 50's at night or you can go up in the mountains and be in the 70's and the 40's at night. the hunting is great and so is the steelhead and salmon fishing...

Jeff, I agree about your climate. I used to live in Bend, OR and the summers were easy to live with. And we had just one bad winter the whole time we lived there. It might get into the 90's some days but with the low humidity all you had to do was get in the shade to cool off. We always saw a 35-45 degree temperature change at night as the high desert cooled off.

I really like Idaho, we have mid 80's to low 90's in the day but cools to the 50's at night or you can go up in the mountains and be in the 70's and the 40's at night. the hunting is great and so is the steelhead and salmon fishing...

Yep and as soon as I can find a job, place to live and the money to move......we are coming out that way!!2thumbs

What a cool sounding place to live, Coal Creek Canyon.:D You gotta a room for rent buddy?;)2thumbs

Sean - you bet my friend. If the economy keeps going like it is we might be begging you to move in. Now before you come out, you have to sign a document guaranteeing that there will be no whining when there is 7 feet of snow on the ground and you can't drive to town. ;)

Yep and as soon as I can find a job, place to live and the money to move......we are coming out that way!!2thumbs

Ernie - Buddy - Idaho huh? Ah what a bummer....but you're a couple years too late. Now they're stopping you west bound at the Dakota border and checking the color of your neck. I'm not so sure you could fake it well enough my friend. If you work on getting rid of the "you know though" and "reeeeealy though" out of your vocab....maybe there's a chance. And I know for sure that there is no "Pike on a Stick" in Idaho'...though.
;) :haha:
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Stop by my table at
The A.G. Russell Knife Event

Sean - you bet my friend. If the economy keeps going like it is we might be begging you to move in. Now before you come out, you have to sign a document guaranteeing that there will be no whining when there is 7 feet of snow on the ground and you can't drive to town. ;)

Ernie - Buddy - Idaho huh? Ah what a bummer....but you're a couple years too late. Now they're stopping you west bound at the Dakota border and checking the color of your neck. I'm not so sure you could fake it well enough my friend. If you work on getting rid of the "you know though" and "reeeeealy though" out of your vocab....maybe there's a chance. And I know for sure that there is no "Pike on a Stick" in Idaho'...though.
;) :haha:
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Wayne

Full Time Maker
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Stop by my table at

LOL, Hey don't worry Colorado is on my list too!!!
Oh and I love snow.

Ernie,
I thought you were gonna organize the first midwest get together? MN WI IOWA etc .... Think that would be fun to do. Sounds like ur moving tho......2thumbs

Ernie,
I thought you were gonna organize the first midwest get together? MN WI IOWA etc .... Think that would be fun to do. Sounds like ur moving tho......2thumbs

I actually have been thinking hard about it, It would be a lot of fun to have a big get together. Don't forget Illinois..............Steve would feel left out:p

Don't worry its probably going to be 50 years before I am able to move:eek:

I do Like it here just getting sick of the heat and humidity. I can handle the cold no problem its the heat that kills me.

OK now I really got to start planning this get together:rolleyes:

Ernie said, "I do Like it here just getting sick of the heat and humidity".

Common Ernie, can't be that hot up there? I heat it is hot in La and OK. NYC was high 90's but had a breeze most of the day. Looks like the mountains or further North is the best option so far.
I'm thinking the AG Show might be a good place to show up next year and meet some dawgs, if things are permittig? Mapquest said it was only a 1290 mile drive for me. Dozier

Last edited:
I'm thinking the AG Show might be a good place to show up next year and meet some dawgs, if things are permittig? Mapquest said it was only a 1290 mile drive for me. Dozier

But Dozier! We want you at the AG Show THIS year! Mapquest says it's 846 (12 hours) for me from Colorado, so 1290 is just another 6 1/2 hours on the road! :eek:;)
Seriously - wish you could make it....it would be more fun with you there.
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Wayne

Full Time Maker
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Stop by my table at

Boy the humidity sure does make a huge difference. I just noticed it's 100 degrees here now but have been out on a tractor all day and doesn't feel too bad. The humidity is only 48% with a light breeze :cool:

Felt much worse earlier in the week when it was lower 90's but higher humidity.

We have had mid to high 80s and low 90s with really high humidity the last couple weeks. I am about sick of the heat.
I have never been one for heat, and this is just ridiculous.

This photo was taken in the shade under the porch of my shop at 3:30 this afternoon, apparently the insulation works because there doesn't appear to be any cold coming through that wall from the A/C
DSCN2502.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, humidity will bring a strong man to his knees. I worked for a drill pipe testing outfit one summer, gulf coast of La and Tx, humidity, pipe dope, and sweat.
So we know what ugly is. It appears Cliff knows hot too!
Wayne, I hear you made some good impressions in Rogers AR? No surprise there.
And you are posting more work? Must be that cool air.
Looks like I gotta go to the mountains next Summer! Dozier

Last edited:
What kind of moron goes to East Tennessee in the middle of August?!? Me, that's who :) I just went for a 45-minute walk and lost about 5 pounds. The cherry Dr Pepper I got on the way was yummy for about 5 minutes then it was blood-warm, lol. Luckily my girlfriend's house has central air and the garage where I'm working stays pretty reasonable too.

James, good for walking. Shoulda had a water maybe?
Bill, this is a "where is it nice in the summertime?" thread. OK does NOT qualify!
Nice, weather, people, and things do to. NOT heat, humidity, bugs and rain.
Dozier

James, good for walking. Shoulda had a water maybe?
Bill, this is a "where is it nice in the summertime?" thread. OK does NOT qualify!
Nice, weather, people, and things do to. NOT heat, humidity, bugs and rain.
Dozier

Ah. Well, I'm outta this one then :9:

I wouldn't worry too much Bill. The winner is going to get a visit from me, (gasp and dogs run from this thread) and have to sell me a knife.
Dozier

If you guys want to get brave, you can come hangout on the training lanes with me. The temps here have been ranging between 92-100 with heat index up to around 117+. Not too bad when you are in full uniform and body armor (the heat has caused ne to become dillusional).

Back