Summer Time, Where is it Nice ?

"its only 110 here now.... it's nice...."

but it is a dry heat? Right John? I love it when people say that.
110 is hot, I don't care. Dozier

yeah , it's a dry heat , today though the humidity is showing 32 % , which is high for us... it keeps trying to rain here , but it is staying in the mountains and I suspect out at the lake.... next weekend is looking like 115 or so....and its a weekend I will be in the shop ( I hope ).

central Wisconsin baby! yeah we have heat and humidity, but not as severe as other places and it doesn't last for months on end. No earthquakes, tidal waves or hurricanes... not too many tornadoes. No smog clouds or gang violence up here.

When it gets real muggy outside or in the shop, I duck in the house and crank the ac. Or go jump in the water... you can hardly throw a rock around here without it splashing in a river, lake or pond. Most of which have hungry fish in them as well.

DO bring bug dope if you visit, tho... the skeeter is our unofficial State Bird!

Man John that is hot. Very low humidity though.

Today was some perfect weather, low 90's and 50% humidity with a light breeze. Right now at midnight it's 86 and only 49%, that is about perfect IMO.

The humidity does make a huge difference. Regardless of what they say on the heat index the difference in 50% and 80 or 90% humidity feels any easy 10 degrees. One thing about living in Kentucky, you get a little taste of a lot of different weather. Don't think it's ever been over 100 with humidity that low though. The times I remember it getting to 100 it was about 4000% humidity.

Well is you are looking for the perfect place don't come to MO. You pronounce it MISERY!!!!! High temps and extra high humidity.

Then during the winters we usually have the ice storms. You know the three to four inches of ice that knocks power out for weeks on end. Or it will be below 0 and then the next day be in the 70's. Or it will be in the mid 70 and it will snow 4 to 6 inches of snow the very next day.

James says....
You know the three to four inches of ice that knocks power out for weeks on end. Or it will be below 0 and then the next day be in the 70's. Or it will be in the mid 70 and it will snow 4 to 6 inches of snow the very next day.

James - Here is your comment slightly modified for the Colorado Rockies...remember them?

You know the three to four "feet" of "snow" that knocks power out for "days" on end. Or it will be -20 below and then the next day be in the 50's. Or it will be in the mid 70's and it will snow 14 to 26 inches of snow the very next day.

I don't do well with the heat and especially the high humidity so I feel for you my mid-west and southern brothers. That's the only thing I'm dreading about heading to the A.G. Russell show in Arkansas at the end of the month. It's 73 in the shop today and I'm already sweating bullets.

CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Stop by my table at
The A.G. Russell Knife Event

Sounds like you do Heat as well as I do Cold....

I can handle 2 to 3 months of blazing heat to never have to shovel snow again...

besides , the girls look better in bikini's than they do in parkas ;)

Sounds like you do Heat as well as I do Cold....

I can handle 2 to 3 months of blazing heat to never have to shovel snow again...

besides , the girls look better in bikini's than they do in parkas ;)

What about bikini's UNDER their parkas? Hmmmmm? ;)
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Stop by my table at
The A.G. Russell Knife Event

Sounds like it is CO in the summertime so far. Don't worry Wayne, you're safe, I ain't movin there. (yet)

Skeeters are just as bad as heat and humidity IMHO. I was in Inverness MS last weekend and they (flock of skeeters) picked up my second cousin, (yep, off the ground) and she had to beat em back with a quirt. Dang near sprang her ankle when she hit the ground. I hate wearing all that stinky repellant too, wonder what it does to me after I see what it did to a gunstock finish?

Was thinking about Chicago, but sounds like it is the same as NY and La, Hot, humid, and politicians that are wonderful. Pass.

Mpls......and suburbs are nice here during the summer. Lots of lakes, and temps aren't too bad most of the time. Winter is a whole diff kettle of fish.....

You can't beat upstate NY. lots of lakes, woods and the weather is always changing.

Just look at my tomatoes.....In three weeks I'll need a stepladder to pick!

Attachments

• tomatoes.jpg
    tomatoes.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 13
You can't beat upstate NY. lots of lakes, woods and the weather is always changing.

Just look at my tomatoes.....In three weeks I'll need a stepladder to pick!

Man!!! My tomato plants are up to my shoulder and I thought they were tall.:eek:2thumbs

Clancy, that's a Tomato!! Wow. You got horses too? Something is making them grow?
Upstate NY is climbing the list. Dozier

We have horses everywhere around here! I live next to double M western store. They run rodeos every Friday and Saturday night!

We bought a truck load from the Saratoga city composting operation. As you might expect, Saratoga is the center of all horse racing in the northeast. So who knows what is in that compost.

Last edited:
Clancy,
My dear departed father is from Bath NY and as kids we raised heck up there all the way to Elmira, I think I personally shot at and and missed every woodchuck in the county with a .22 short.
The Finger Lakes region is tremendous also.

Regards,
Steve

I've been through Bath a couple of times.

We usually go camping at Seneca lake every summer, there is a vineyard every 5 miles or so in the finger lakes. We do wine tasting just around Seneca lake and haven't hit them all yet and there are several more lakes surrounded by vineyards that we intend to get to.

ernie

COLORADO!

We live at 8,500 ft elevation here in the Rockies and yesterday morning it was 48 degrees, light mist, and fog covering the mountain - it looked like a scene from Jurassic Park.

Here in Coal Creek Canyon, we're normally 25 to 30 degrees cooler than Denver out on the plains and humidity is almost always below 25%. I feel for you folks in the heartland or in the south with the "heat index". We worry about the "wind chill factor" in the winter but never the other way around.

Okay, after thinking about it for a minute or three - it really sucks here. I wouldn't advise anyone moving here - ever. We never have sunshine, it snows 363 days out of the year. Traffic is horrible - the schools are worse - and people are just downright hateful - except for the six of us native Coloradoans that are left - we're pretty friendly

What a cool sounding place to live, Coal Creek Canyon.:D You gotta a room for rent buddy?;)2thumbs

I have to say they best place is Trapper's Lake in Colorado. High alpine lake with great fishing, cool nights maybe low 40's. You hike your canoe down a 1/4 mile trail to the lake and the views of the mountains are out of this world would show pictures but don't know how to post them.

Redwing

Back