A thoughtful and respectful email I received..

I've never felt unwelcome at Knifedogs. Actually, I've always felt quite at home. BUT!! I do feel intimidated by the talent of the makers here. And awe. Sometimes its like looking at fireworks. Ooooo. Ahhhhh.

My stuff doesn't have that kinda bang, and sometimes I feel its out of place here.

I do feel intimidated by the talent of the makers here. And awe. Sometimes its like looking at fireworks. Ooooo. Ahhhhh.

My stuff doesn't have that kinda bang, and sometimes I feel its out of place here.

Then how do you think I feel Andy??:eek: 'Cause you're one of the multitude that I Look Up To!!:D2thumbs goodjob1urock1

I'd like to add my views on this thread and show why I feel Tracy receiving it is ridiculous .
I was first led to this forum after I had placed a call to Bruce Bump , about a raffle he was doing . He told me there were raffles all the time here so I signed up .​
I didn't post till I was looking for some damascus and the internet led me to Delberts sub forum , almost 2 months later . I wound up calling Del and we spoke for well over an hour . He told me about Tracy and the guys he put together to get this forum started .​
It was then I found out about the other knife forums , so I checked them out as well .​
I was immediatey aware that there were HUGE differences between the sites .​
What I was looking for - and I didn't even know I was looking - was here .​
The biggest difference on this site was the way new guys , escpecially Ernie was treated . You really felt like there was a Connection between members here . Sure , you couldn't miss who the Big Dogs were , but you also couldn't miss that we're all playing in the same yard .​
I love how this forum is a friendly place for new makers and old alike . I myself have felt welcome here from the beginning . I like the fact we're small , it makes it easier to make REAL friends here . I like helping newbies , because nobody would show me , or tell me anything 20+ years ago and that's my way of paying back those who would not share .​
Let me point out a few of the things I have received in my short time , PARTICIPATING , on KNIFE DOGS :​
1 A geat box of stuff from the MITH​
2 Won a block of wood​
3 Won a handles worth of leather washers​
4 Bought a knifemakers 1st Custom knife-made history with that one​
5 Won a great knife - made by a great maker for a great cause​
6 Won a raffle for a makers mark​
7 Recieved a great print of a famous Bowie FREE​
8 Bought some great damascus from a great maker​
9 T-shirt from an Knife Dog Icon​
10 An order for 2 Bowie knives​
But by far the greatest thing is All the Friends I have made through this site . I am constantly humbled by the generosity they show one another , and it makes me want to do the same . This site has become a Huge part of my day , every day .​
With Respect To All Dogs , Bill​

Last edited:
Back