1911 picture thread

My Old School Jimmy Clark Sr. PinMaster in .45acp ---- one of the few 1911s that I own that I'll NEVER sell;

Clark45PinMaster.jpg

Wow, I'm honestly impressed that someone would recognize the mark. Ted did a great job on this pistol, literally rescuing in from the scrap pile, and I had him build me another. I'll have to send it back to him for engraving, like I promised.

IMG_3970.jpg

The custom, bottle-opening MSH with "sharkskin" stippling
DSC00335.jpg

Frontstrap stippling, and undercut trigger guard.
DSC00349.jpg

I used this pistol for several years while doing the security thing and have to say that it was the best investment I could have made. The VZ Gator Grips are the only grips I'll tote on a 1911 because they look good and work better than anything I've ever seen.

Remember, there is no sense in having a box-stock pistol when you can have a custom iron for twice the price. It just ain't logical! :cool:

The Yost 1* is a clean piece. Really enjoy talking with that crew at SHOT show.

I think I am going to have either Bailey or Jason Burton do up a Commander for me. Their work is very clean and always functional.

Still cool, though. I've always regretted not getting a Colt Pony or Mustang.

IMO, the best pocket pistol would be a scaled-down 1911 in 9mm Parabellum, holding 10+ rounds, with tritium up front and a grip long enough that my pinky doesn't dangle.

Still cool, though. I've always regretted not getting a Colt Pony or Mustang.

IMO, the best pocket pistol would be a scaled-down 1911 in 9mm Parabellum, holding 10+ rounds, with tritium up front and a grip long enough that my pinky doesn't dangle.

It's even a little smaller than the Pony or Mustang. It's a "three-fingered" grip for sure.

Walther has a small single stack 10 round 9mm but it doesn't have the 1911 frame.

I can't carry the full sized .45 all of the time. Nor can I carry the Glock 19 or 23 when I want at times....so this little .380 will do job when dress dictates.

I've heard people poo-poo the .380 but having been a Flight Nurse/Paramedic (and running a crime scene cleanup service) I've had multiple opportunities to see the "end results". Don't hesitate on the .380 to take care of you when things get tight. You're just gonna have to trust me on that.

;)

BC

Used to have a KelTec P3AT, a two-finger gun if ever there was, but could never find any .380 practice ammo that was reliable. The better grades of fighting ammo did alright, but nothing to write home about, but the practice stuff was garbage.

Still, any excuse to buy another pistol..... :D

cry me a river 1 And all I have is a HI-Point .40S&W
But someday...........When I am a big Knife Maker I might be able to afford my self a Beautiful Kimber or Colt. :D

Lol, Actuall the shop that I bought my HI-Point from had a Colt 1911 for around $500 but the guy said it has had work done from a not so well known guy.

Got to love the XDm also

Back