1911 picture thread

I really like those HOUGE wrap around grips John. That's what I had before my custom grips.

I had them on every gun I owned at one point! :) Nice set!

Last edited:
In another life i used to build 1911's, did not allow me to be creative enough though. Newt those 1911 knives are the cats ass, I really like how the guard is in the shape of a hammer. I got a few friends who would kill for one of those.
Oh nice 1911 also, I Like the frontstrap treatment.
Chris

thanks amigo.:)

Here are my 3. First is my Colt Officers. I bought it NIB. I installed an EGW full length guide rod kit. Shoots great. Next is my Colt 1991A1. I bought it new and it sat for 10 years. Then I sent it off it Novak. It is the best shooting gun I own. The last one is my Colt Gold Cup National Match. I had that crappy Eliason sight replaced by Wilson. I ove 'em all.
-John
1911s003.jpg

very SLICK!!!2thumbs

You guys are killing me here. I have always been a softy for 1911's. I have since sacrificed my babies to the shop gods, but I will still post memory pics of my 1911's.

The Springer Champ Ops was by far the best carry gun I ever had. Out of the 6 1911's I have owned both custom and factory....she was the one:(

As much as it pains me:
FSHSEDFSpringerpics006-1.jpg

SIGGSR1003-1.jpg

SIGGSR1004-1.jpg

Alright heres several of mine. The 1911 really is the best pistol platform out there IMO.
Chris

Attachments

• pannone7.jpg
    pannone7.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 26
  • lovato3.jpg
    lovato3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I started a black rifle thread, I dont have any pics on hand of my wheel gun, so that'll come later unless someone is ready now... :D

Every warm blooded American should own at least one 1911.

Amen to that!

I love mine (just the one :)), even though compared to the others here it's completely lame. It's the most accurate pistol I own and I enjoy shooting it more than any weapon I've ever owned. Well, next to my old 45-70 single shot rifle I guess. I normally sleep with it under my pillow, but I sent it home with my nephew to get cleaned a while back, and I think girls intervened. :) At least, I don't have it back yet. I need to go collect that bad boy.

Beautiful pistols gents! Thanks for making my day.

Here's mine!!

Kimber CDP..

Probably the smoothest .45 I have ever shot..

And with 15 years of Law Enforcement under my belt...

I have shot a lot of them 2thumbs2thumbs2thumbs2thumbs

The leather just showed up last week... It was custom built by my good buddy Andy Breschini over at Andy's Leather House..

Man this thing is nice. It fits my Kimber like a LOVE GLOVE!!!

Anyone who needs some skin for their 1911 should definitely give him a call........

Attachments

• 100_1384.JPG
    100_1384.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_1385.JPG
    100_1385.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_1387.JPG
    100_1387.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_1386.JPG
    100_1386.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 24
Dang Steve....BEAUTIFUL KIMBER!! and that is some nice leather to go along with it2thumbs

i'm going to bury this thread, it is going to cost me a lot of money soon I think.

Tracy, go get yourself a 1911 and end the pain!

Here is mine, a Kimber. It's about as basic a Kimber as they made. I used it when I was shooting NRA Bullseye and had a red dot sight on a clamp mount. That's what rubbed the blueing on the frame. Sure is a good shooter.

David

Attachments

• OnyxSHF.jpg
    OnyxSHF.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 26
Boss, are you having nightmares or fantasies? Either way, you really need a 1911. I had a spare I had picked up at a show a few months ago but ended up flipping it for a nice little profit. I'm toying with the idea of having my ProCarry customized or buying another. I guess if I send mine to be customized, I'll have to buy a back up to have while she's gone.

Here's my Kimber Pro Carry with alloy frame, stainless slide, Pachmar grip and adjustable rear sight. It is so sweet to shoot. Don't even have to aim, it knows what to hit. Kinda like driving a Mercedes. Oh yeah...SureFire E2D flashlight and probably the first knife I've posted. Tactical style with homemade micarta, a little filework and skullcrusher butt end. Believe I gotta shoot something soon.2guns

Pat

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 15
Forgot to mention that I also made the holster. Did one for my wifes P-22, just like mine, but her's has the larger basket weave.

Pat

Back