ya learned to hollow grind at hammer inn !!!!!!!!!

franklin

Thanks Boss Dog, Les voorhies and jess Hoffman for taking the time to get me to learn finally to hollow grind.
Here is a pic of the second blade I did on my own with what they showed me. 1080 3/16 steel acid etched with buckeye burl wood.
So stoked it came out well again thanks Tracy without the dogs and the hammer inns I still would be struggling along making
a mess of perfectly good steel :) ya I now pics or it did not happen lol here it is.

Attachments

• 100_6586.jpg
    100_6586.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_6588.jpg
    100_6588.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 68
Classy Knife! Ahh, I think I saw you working on that, but didn't ever strike up a conversation. -didn't make the connection. Your diligence paid off well!
I, too can't say enough how much I enjoyed my time there- and learned some stuff I hope to put to use. I also brought back a piece of roller chain can damascus that I hope to put to use! Lost five bucks on knife-throwing, though, thanks to Tracy! I think I was hustled! But, really- gotta agree with you: Thanks to EVERYONE for that. All that was missing was some Hammer-In 2016 tee-shirts, so I could brag more about being there!

Bill i now we were all so busy trying stuff sorry we didnt get a chance to chat. Mike i started with a 8 inch wheel on a burr king then finished it with a ten inch wheel at home.

Well had some good teachers now to keep at it and get better, thanks for looking guys and maybe I will see some of you at the next hammer inn.

Back