Working with Kirinite...

Bailey Boat

Using Kirinite for the first time. I'm seeing an abundance of "pits" that I can't seem to get out no matter what I do. Any tips for working this stuff???

I have used Kirinite on a few handles and never run into this problem , if you got it from Boss I would send him some pix's.

The pits are 1/2 the size of a pin head, no way my camera is going to pick them up. I thought they might have been heat induced while shaping but no matter how easy I go they keep popping up in different places.
The material didn't come from Boss, another major supplier....

Ohhhhh not good. Sounds like it may be a flaw in the product. Email the supplier an ask if any one else has had that issue? Super glue and some krinite dust may be a patch up idea.

I would not mix any Kirinite dust in with the super glue. The glue by itself will fill and hide small imperfections. There should not be any pinholes but I do occasionally find one. Be very careful with getting it hot, it will shrink.

Bob

I've used Kirinite alot as well, and never had this issue. Sucks! I'd try to return/refund. Then buy elsewhere.

This material is cast onto a big sheet and cures from there. Occasionally a few bubbles slip into the process. We try and catch them but if you got some with that, send it back and we'll replace it.

This material is cast onto a big sheet and cures from there. Occasionally a few bubbles slip into the process. We try and catch them but if you got some with that, send it back and we'll replace it.

Therein lies the problem Tracy..... It didn't come from your shop, although now I wish it did.... Next time it will.

Back