Word "Knife" not "Family Friendly" - Who knew? M&M's Rejects Knife Rights' Order!

Critter

Saying that the word "knife" in the Knife Rights logo "is not family friendly," M&M's rejected a Knife Rights order for promotional packages of M&M's candies with the Knife Rights logo on them. Then they lied and claimed Knife Rights canceled the order, when it was entirely their doing!

If you'd like to let them know how you feel about the word "knife" not being "family friendly," you can contact M&M's at: 1-908-852-1000 (only M-F 9:00-5:00) or via email using the form at: https://www.mms.com/us/contact

Full Details and contact numbers at the link: http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=271&Itemid=1

Not family friendly? How is mom supposed to cut up her chicken before she cooks it? They will get a piece of my mind in the morning.

Not "Family Friendly" we'll see about that! No more M&Ms in my house. Sending email later today, I need to re-read it before I send it.

Email send.
This being a "Family Friendly" site and not a sounding board has caused me to refrain from repeating my position in this thread.

Thank you.

form letter if you need it

Hey all,

If you are not of the letter writing persuasion here is a form letter I banged out. Feel free to modify to your hearts content. I like writing more than most of my friends so this isn't my first form letter. If the thought expressed match your own, have at it. Just copy, and paste in the box they provide. Don't forget to nsign it....... Doug if this is useful you may forward it to whomever you wish.

Hope this helps. Also feel free to forward this to any organizations that are supportive of second amendment rights or just basic freedoms. enough numbers will back them off here!

You will have to send this to: http://www.mars.com/global/about-mars/contact-us.aspx as the M&M site only allows a small amount of text. I think you want the corporate headquarters to put heat on M&M specifically. Mars may not actually know what M&M has done yet.....

Ted
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mars Corporation,

I am emailing this to you to strongly voice my concern regarding your recent decision to cancel an order of M&Ms that was ordered by the Knife Rights organization.

The reason you gave was that the word “Knife” in their logo was not “family friendly”. Since apparently you have no qualms using your company as a political tool I must voice my opposition to your definition of “family friendly”. Any organization that is active in protecting our constitutional freedoms is family friendly. Since “family” is the basic fabric of American society, protecting and advancing the rights and freedoms our country was founded upon should be the goal of any individual or corporation that wishes to enjoy continued freedom in our great nation. Your short sightedness is appalling as obviously your real concern is that you may experience a negative reaction from the Knife Rights logo in conjunction with your product. Which, of course could affect your bottom line.

Well, congratulations. Your decision is creating a negative reaction. Hopefully it will affect your bottom line. As of today and until you provide written apology to the Knife Rights organization your products will no longer be enjoyed by my family. I will be as vocal as I can be to make sure my friends and acquaintances know about the cowardly, anti-freedom stance you have taken.

What you have done is unfair, un-American, and anti family. Your handling of this is also highly unprofessional. Hiding behind a sales representative after taking an overly long time to make your poorly thought out decision should be embarrassing to you as a business. Since you were refusing business to a patriotic group that is is supported by many citizens in the country you do business in, it would have been appropriate for one of your higher level ambassadors to call and explain your position. Shame on you.

Hopefully you rethink your stance here. Whether or not you agree with the Knife Rights organization's viewpoints, they are definitely more concerned with your freedoms and rights than you are with theirs. I look forward to reading your response and a seeing a copy of the apology you have given the Knife Rights organization. Then my family and I can enjoy the excellent products you make again.

You may receive multiple copies of this from different individuals. This is simply because we are in agreement with the concerns expressed in this letter and are using this letter to address your actions in a timely fashion.

Sincerely,

Last edited:
Back