Wilson hardness tester

Gliden07

I finally tried out my hardness tester! It is an N scale tester figured out what I needed for a test block. Checked out my tester with the block, seems to be right on! Tested my first hardened and tempered blade blank, a pairing knife to match the Chef knife I made. It is made from 01 tool steel and tested at 61HRC after heat treat. The tester worked flawlessly. Just have to get a proedure down. This was the second best deal I've gotten since starting this hobby! The Walnut from Demo was the greatest deal!!

Is there a Rc scale also? OR - did you do a conversion to get your Rc reading? Doesn't matter, you still got heck of a deal!

I did the conversion off a chart. I ordered another N45 62 test block so I can test direct.

Last edited:
Hot my N scale test block. It is 45N at 62n scale hardness. Did my 3 tests to confirm my testers accuracy. All 3 were within 1 of the gauge readings. So the machine is accurate!! What a deal!! I spent less on this machine and test blocks than many spend for a good set of Rockwell files. Gotta get my clean area set up, that's where the tester is going to go.

Back