WILL SOMEONE TRY THIS?...........

Steve,

I'm going to borrow from Chris' earlier post format for my trial run with your nifty little detail sanders.

The design is very nice, it fits in your hand well and is very easy to use.

I enjoyed the variety of different curves incorporated for hard to reach areas. The material has a nearly perfect density to allow both heavy and light sanding for different effect.

The belt on the original shape was very tight, even allowing use lengthwise to the belt. Killed that small spot real quick but was very helpul blending scratches near the ricasso. The belt on the one you modified the tip was not noticably any different in the tension department. It was most useful down below the bevel between the ricasso and grind line, thanks for the custom sander for trial.

The width is perfect, but one that was wider could easily become my main hand sanding tool. It really cuts down on thumb numbing and swirls. Could you make a wider one that has the tension relief opening on top in the finger depression? You could then insert a strip of your favourite brand of paper and go to town on a wider area.

I would also like to see 400 grit available as well as the 180 and 240.

Overall a great tool, well thought out and executed 2thumbs

Thank you very much for letting me test drive them Steve. Your not getting these back so please PM me your payment information :D

Dear Mike,
Check your PM. Thanks for the honest review. I am only charging you for one detailer in return for your help.

I am working on different belt widths and grits and a funky new tensioner that I will have to patent. But I will always make this simple one to keep costs down.

If any other makers are interested, I can custom fit these to any configuration and grinding wheel diameter to clean up hollow ground plunges. A radiused tip to clean up grooves in frame locks that are made with a ball end mill works well and keeps the shoulders nice and sharp also.

Thanks and regards,
Steve

Steve,

Thank you for letting me in on the test run, it was my pleasure. Please keep me in mind for any future items you want test driven :D

You'll be getting something from Paypal later on today.

Back