Who Makes Hydraulic Presses for sale?

Mikey,

What page? Where? Did I miss something?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

if you go to my profile page and click on latest threads, scroll down i think 5 or 6 threads and you will see a thread that says "I made my first piece of damascus " There are a few pics of the press I made.. I in Florida on vacation at the moment but if you want I can send better pics of the whole deal if you'd like.. But anyway , you can take a glance at it .. It needs a bit more beefing up at the ends of the horizontal , but as for everything else , it worked out ok.. Let me know what you think.

http://www.potterusa.com/ makes a tabletop press kit, like grinders that are offered in kit form. Kevin makes great products, in many cases equaling ' Bonnie Doon' presses, at a more affordable price. ...Teddy

I got this today from one of my queries :

Wayne, I built the Hyd. press that is there at the demonstration shed there at Tannehill. I have detailed plans for this press available for $25.00 + mailing. this includes a DVD with pictures of each step.
I can be contacted at firebirdforge@centurytel.net
Mailing address: Cliff Ohlenburger
2029 County Rd. 110
Jack, AL 36346
Thanks,

A Bonny Doon clone is available through www.dakotabulldog.com with the power assist as an option.

I have the Bonny Doon without the power. It's very nice! I'm using mine though in making jewelry items. It's really a great tool.

Just saw this one,
I do in fact have one of Uncle Al's from Riverside Machine. I have used it for 3 years now, and it works wonderfully. I don't have a power hammer due to living in a suburban (sort of) area in CT. Everything I have made in the last 3 years has been through that press. I have no complaints.

I also use one of Al's belt grinders. It is not quite as sturdy as a KMG, but it is a little cheaper and it works very well. Compare to Bader BIII. Works as well, costs less.

Al is a good fellow to do business with. Honest, funny, dependable.

(Ron Claiborne has the same reputation, and his tools are also good, according to my friends).

kc

would someone list the basic requirements? the first makers I think of are Schuler, Gamai, and Verson; but I don't think we are talking about 600 ton, 8 cycle a minute presses with a 2'x3' ram. found this one by Dake, should be close to what is needed, don't know price http://www.dakecorp.com/products-detail.asp?section=models&page=LABORATORY PRESSES; benchtop, 110vac power, 25ton, 5" stroke, 9"x9" platen. also seems to have all the necessary OHSA bells and whistles.
scott

I called Ron Clairborne when I was looking for a press. He said he was taking a hiatus from making them for a while. That was several years ago, and I bought a uncle al's press. It works great, although I did have one weld pop, and I had to have it re-welded.

Back