Where is Indian George?

I get an e-mail from him from time to time and he posts about dogs on FaceBook from time to time. I'll send him this thread.

Indian George, after he lost his wife he wasn't as active in all of this as he used to be. If my memory serves me correctly, I heard he was sick himself. It's strange how the mind works something will jog you mind to think of someone you haven't heard from in a while but, you don't realize it till the moment that you haven't heard from them in a long time!

Indian George, after he lost his wife he wasn't as active in all of this as he used to be. If my memory serves me correctly, I heard he was sick himself. It's strange how the mind works something will jog you mind to think of someone you haven't heard from in a while but, you don't realize it till the moment that you haven't heard from them in a long time!

You're right, me & IG have a lot in common (bikes, knives, chili peppers, etc.) and when I picked my first Tabasco peppers off of this years plants I thought about him.

IG emailed me today!
The poor guy says he only posts on facebook these days. He must be in a severe depression?

Laurence and guys,
Please tell him we would like to have him come back! Tell him we miss him here.
Fred

I was at IG's Saturday, yes since Helen passed George has been in a major funk (not good). Saturday we relined his welding forge, I had a piece 01/1084 at 18 layers and I brought it up to 64 layers. IG's cousin John showed up and IG helped him make some cable damascus.

I felt good as when I arrived at George's he showed me a piece that he is working on, namely a blade that Bruce Bump made from Indian Motorcycle primary chain which IG gave to Bruce. Bruce sent George the blade a while back and I was thinking earlier last week about that knife and the fact that I would like to see IG finish it. Strange that the fact I was thinking about it and when I got to IG's he is working on it, hopefully he will keep it up and get the knife finished.

Thanks for the update Larry. Its good to hear that IG is back beatin' on some hot steel. Tell him to please post some pics when the project is finished.

IG is one of the good guys. He invented "Heat Treat Relish" and used to send it to people on the forums. It was so hot I could just wave a blade over it and quench, of coarse most folks put it on their-steaks and burgers.
It would be cool to see him here again.

Yo....Bbbbbbbbb Beaver
Wassup. Bubba Sr here :D
Give IG a swift Kick next time ya see him. hahha

Ahh, The good ol Heat treat relish. That would strip the rust from a Battleship at 20 paces!!!

Last edited:
George and I grew up in the same town, Fairhaven MA, went to the same grammar school, hung out in the same places when we were young, and never met.

Back