What's up with you today?

rhinoknives

Hey Dogs & Dogettes! Whats shaking today?
I am taking a break from the grind and having lunch with my buddy Scruffy, our resident attack dog and head of security at WSCC and rhino knives.!DSCN1286.jpg

Its busy this time of the year, "Thank God" With sharpening work and some knife orders as well.

I have about 50 more knives to sharpen and hope to have some time for my custom work today as well.

Hers is one I am delivering today.DSCN1432.jpg
My 7" Asian Rhino Chef with one of those stabilized pine cone handles.

So whats shaking in your shop today?

Haven't been in the shop today.
Took my buddys trailer and got a load of rock for my son inlaw and one for me.
Went to the bank and then to the box store for some rain gutter for a equipment shed/ horse stall that's almost finished and think it's time to go work on some knives now.

Doing a frame handled dagger for the Kirinite from the Boss's give away.
equip. shed.jpg

Last edited:
this morning my dad, brother and me gathered some yearling heifers and ran them through the sqeeze chute and dewormed them, then i finished cleaning up the bevels on a camp knife and forged 2 small bushcrafter knives and did some final polishing on a hidden tang hunter, and then this evening i went and checked some beaver dams for sign, maybe i'll throw some traps out there in the next few days.

Sitting at the office watching time draggggg! Lately, I have been working on a batch of knives I hope to give as Christmas gifts.

Surfing and found this , some nice blades those boys are sport'n

tumblr_ma264fETKY1rayseyo1_1280.jpg

Found this too. Bells knives look a lot like these, what do you think? Got my interest need to check it out.

http://www.sangiorgioaste.com/en/auction-antique-arms-militaria/genoese-knife.html

01-ivory-knife.jpg
orig.jpg

Last edited:
Mark,
Those certainly are some nice looking blades and some tough looking characters! lol

People didn't smile for pictures back them.

Here's mine ..... how would you like to run into these guys in a dark alleyway . Check the dude in the middle ......

Attachments

• last of samurai.jpg
    last of samurai.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Japanese blade 001.JPG
    Japanese blade 001.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Japanese blade 002.JPG
    Japanese blade 002.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 11
Not doing so great these days. My husband, Greg, lost 1/2 his foot because of an infection caused by the BIG DOG stepping on it. Complications from diabetes and smoking making it worse. Now it looks like he might lose part of his leg. Very hard to watch this. Feeling very helpless.

Hello Cathy!
We haven't seen you very much lately.
Sorry to hear about Greg's condition, I am an insulin dependent diabetic too. I check my feet every morning for any cuts etc.

I hope he heals up soon!

The dude in the middle is some kind of teacher or mob boss of theirs, that's for sure.

That was right before a famous battle ? I can't think of it . He is Shogun , looks like some murderer and he is looking right at the cameraman

Sure he does not like his picture taken. Bubba-san

Not doing so great these days. My husband, Greg, lost 1/2 his foot because of an infection caused by the BIG DOG stepping on it. Complications from diabetes and smoking making it worse. Now it looks like he might lose part of his leg. Very hard to watch this. Feeling very helpless.

Cathy , I am so sorry about your husband . what a terrible time to happen . I will say some prayers for him . Please give him my sincere best wishes for a recovery ....... respectfully . Bubba-san ( James )

Thank you Laurence.

I will tell Greg you send best wishes & prayers, James. Thank you. Sending some your way also, as I know you have health issues of your own. Glad to see you are in a better state of mind.

Racjarrett88, Welcome to Knifedogs! Thank you for the prayers.

I've been thinking of you and Greg since you posted.
Be strong and know that people care.

Type 1 also
Mark

Thank you Kathy . I am feeling somewhat better. New treatment is working ( stem Cell) but makes me think wierd things , and I have trouble sleeping ...... Best regards bubba

Back