What to do? Looking for some outside opinions.

Randy,
Have you tried leaving a barrage of PM's on the sites he frequents ? Or even a general cattle call in the site's main forum, word gets around quick and noone can say you didn't try hard enough.

Rudy

Well guys, I thank you all for your advise. I sent out a letter and emails and PM's on every site I know him to be on.. and no response.. Im praying he is alright.. at this point I just dont know what else to do.

The knives are still here. And I think this is where they will set for some time longer.. If I dont hear from him in a few months I will revisit this.. and go from there..

Again Thanks for all the advise and your input.
Randy

So, here it is June (almost July). What happened? I've read all 3 pages wanting to find out the answer this story... don't leave me hanging ;) I hope it worked out for both of you. I too have a terrific knife of my Great Grandfathers... well worn jigged bone... My dad kept it in a safe Deposit box for decades. I keep it in my gun safe and really enjoy feeling it in my hand. One day one of my son's or grand sons will too.

Good for you trying to do the right thing. Hell, even my grand daughter knows that definition honor!

Randy,
I know this may be outdated but......
You are giving him much more consideration than he is giving you. He should be all over you for them or at least explaining himself.

I have a freind who repaired old cameras and the same thing happened to him. After exhausting all options, he took the camera to a pawn shop and pawned it for only what he was owed which was a fraction of the value. He then sent the pawn ticket by registered letter to the owner and left it up to him to retrieve it.

You can't be a bank or a finance company if you are not getting paid for it.

Steve

PS. I will help out almost anyone, but I won't be made a fool of.

Randy I would let my conscience be my guide ! Send him a registered letter as Rudy suggested, keep it legal . Then whatever option you choose , it can be done with a clear conscience . take care. Bubba

Actually, he finally replied to my emails and we worked out a trade, He sent me a few knives he had and I mailed out his customs.. All ended well, I quickly sold the 3 knives he sent me for about 30.00 less then the total due..

Im glad I waited it out.. He was struggling with many issues, main one was no cash flow.. :) We have all been there at one point or another..

Thanks for bringing it back up.. I actually forgot to update this post after everything was said and done..

God Bless

Thats great , I am glad it worked out at least to your partial satisfaction . You hate kick a man when hes down . take care Bubba

Thanks BuBBa!! Yea. Im happy it worked out the way it did.. And so is he :) And I think I earned a few GOOD KARMA points.. if there is such a thing.

Again thanks to all that posted, I really appreciate it.
Randy

Back