What is this, how old?

Thom

Hi,
I found these in my fathers cellar. Dont know anything about knifes...
They are marked Rob Klaas.knife.jpg

The two on the bottom look like Sabre brand knives. You may see "Solingen" stamped on the blade on one side above the guard.

They look like they've seen a lot of sharpening or perhaps some customization.

As to age, if they are Sabres, they could be from the 60s. Hopefully someone else a lot more knowledgable will correct me if I'm mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ok

Thank you John!

I wonder if i should let my son use them or if they are something to be put back on the shelf?!

These are good knives quality-wise, but they are not expensive heirlooms. They are better off being used. There is no monetary value in them.

Sabre knife_antler rehandle with brass guard.jpg

This is a reconditioned, rehandled Sabre brand knife that I did for a friend. It began pretty much just like one of those you have. His Dad originally bought it at the PX when he was stationed in Germany back in the 60s or 70s. The knife has no value, but it meant a lot to my friend because it belonged to his Dad who recently passed and he asked me to clean it up for him. It was in terrible condition. By the time I took it apart, it was apparent that there wasn't much to salvage except for the blade. So we used some antler from a hunt he and his Dad had shared years ago and I made a new guard, etc.

Seems like I remember my dad hsving a knife that looked very much like those 2, but I woulda swore that one dad has is a Case...

Back