What happened to the archived info???

C Craft

I used Google to ask a question someone put to me about preheating park quench oil and the threads below popped up! However when I tried to follow them I get this!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Home
KnifeDogs.com Forums - Error
The requested page could not be found.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goggle search returned these results:

Talk to me about Park's #50? [Archive] - KnifeDogs.com Forums
knifedogs.com › ... › Knife Makers Area › Heat Treating Forum on KnifeDogs
Jan 22, 2011 - 15 posts - ‎6 authors
Up until now, I've just been using pre-heated veg. oil heated to about 120 or 130F ... I do have one question though Ed- Do you think it may be a good idea to ... With 1084 and Damascus, I do bring it to 100F when quenching.

1095 Quenching [Archive] - KnifeDogs.com Forums
knifedogs.com › KnifeDogs.com Forums › Knife Makers Area › New to Knifemaking
May 7, 2015 - 15 posts - ‎5 authors
Several other carbon steels and that I have worked with do not. I am careful not to overheat and my quenching media is an olive oil preheated to about 100 F. Any insight into this ... If you insist on using your olive oil, switch to 1080 or 1084. ... Do you need to preheat parks 50 like you do canola oil on 1095?

So that's got me wondering if all the archived stuff for these forums, has it disappeared or how do you get too it??

Last edited:
That forum is not archived. You will need to use the forum search function.

The indexed by google threads will have to all be re-indexed due to the move. I'll ask the web guy to do that.

Back