What filters can I get away with?

JawJacker

I keep getting these heavy replacements, but today they had some P100's they were a fraction of the size like 1 inch thick and light. They did say Toxic Dustphoto (7).jpg

I am not a safety engineer. But my take on your question is,
if they are rated for what you need you will be fine. The filters will just fill up and need replacement sooner since they are smaller.

I'm going with Laurence. Well...not going with him per se, but rather agreeing with him.

a little off topic, but how long do the normal sized filters last?

Don't they (3M) have an expiration date on them? A dial looking affair somewhere on the side.
I just switch mine when it gets more difficult to breathe, probably not the best thing to do though..

Ill have to look and see about a date, I cut my old ones open same p100 filter about an inch thick all the rest is charcoal that is where the weight comes from.

You only need to worry about the date if it has activated charcoal inside, like the kind of cartridges used for painting or chemicals.
p100 are used for particulate ie grinding dust, asbestos, anything involving gasses or chemical vapor would have some sort of activated charcoal with the p100
if your just grinding the nice light p100 are fine.
If your not sure call the manufacture tell them what your doing and they will hook u up.

Don't they (3M) have an expiration date on them? A dial looking affair somewhere on the side.
I just switch mine when it gets more difficult to breathe, probably not the best thing to do though..

The thought just crossed my mind because I've not changed them....ever...it really hasn't been that long and this isn't full time for me. So they're probably going to last a while. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Back