What do you use your knives for?

I edc a paramilitary 2 and I use it for light cutting tasks, occasionally prepping food, and making fuzz sticks when I go backpacking. My question to you is what do you use your knives for? From edc task to hunting tell me about it!

I have a couple of my older knives that get rough shop abuse and a pocket knife always that doesn't get babied at all. Also hunting, skinning, meat cutting, scraping, slicing, dicing, shaving, throwing and cleaning my finger nails. Once I forged a bowie from a ball bearing and used it to tear out the entire bathroom for a remodel job. Thats the last ball bearing knife I ever made. The dang thing wont hold an edge for long, of coarse, prying sheet rock and floor tile may be asking allot of a knife but I was dissapointed in it. I left it outside half the winter and found it really rusts too. It also had some nice silver wire inlays that half of the wire fell out somewhere.

Last edited:
I have a couple of my older knives that get rough shop abuse and a pocket knife always that doesn't get babied at all. Also hunting, skinning, meat cutting, scraping, slicing, dicing, shaving, throwing and cleaning my finger nails.
Ditto. When I am around, people don't ask "hey who has a knife?" I need to cut this "blank". Instead they just look at me and say hey can I use your knife? To which I all-ways reply "here let me do it". I don't let many people use em besides me because even though you tell them "its sharp, be careful" someone was always getting cut, nothing serious of course.

Ditto. When I am around, people don't ask "hey who has a knife?" I need to cut this "blank". Instead they just look at me and say hey can I use your knife? To which I all-ways reply "here let me do it". I don't let many people use em besides me because even though you tell them "its sharp, be careful" someone was always getting cut, nothing serious of course.

I get the same thing now. Only difference is I have other bystanders that pipe up "hey be careful his knife is sharp".

Like most makers,
I have some of my fixed blade knives that are comedic blems I use for shop knives.
Then I always carry a David Boyle Dententric 440C pocket knife that I've had for many years, Then I made all of the culinary knives I use plus the serving & BBQ forks.

Haven't been camping or Scuba diving in a couple of years, But I made all the knives I would need for those pursuits.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I can understand your response. I've had instances where people misused my property or returned it to me damaged.

My favorite use for my knives is for turning big critters into bite sized pieces. But in all honestly, they get more work cutting the normal stuff a knife is asked to cut...cord, wood, paper, cardboard, plastic wrap, dinner, etc. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I currently don't have a knife I made. Every time I decide to make one for myself, it usually ends up being given away as a present....really got to break myself from that bad habit!!!

Always carry some kind of folder for cutting boxes open, string etc... I use my Kukri around the yard a lot to cut bamboo, clear brush etc... Big solid blade that takes an edge and dishes out the punishment to the foliage!

QUIT ASKING PERSONAL QUESTIONS. I love my knives and what we do behind closed doors is no one's business.... :) :):biggrin:

In all honesty, I use my pocket knives for opening letters, cutting cord and opening boxes. Not much else. If I am going camping, I always have my folder in pocket, a 4" or 6" fixed blade and my small hatchet for all the regular camp chores.

Among all my friends, I'm also the one that everyone comes to when they are looking for a knife. Always a good conversation starter as well (since I made the pocket knives I EDc)

QUIT ASKING PERSONAL QUESTIONS. I love my knives and what we do behind closed doors is no one's business.... :) :):biggrin:

:35: My thoughts exactly, hahaha, just kidding.

Anyway, I use my knives for general cutting around the home and outdoors. Since I have a ton of kitchen knives, I'm obligated to use them while cooking to justify their exorbitant cost to my wife. Also, they get used as gifts, bartering chips and the lesser pieces as shop work horses.

Back