What a Difference a Great Tool Makes!

That is becoming my motto also. Might as well enjoy what's we've worked hard for in our younger life. I spent many years "saving for retirement", now at 75 I'm learning I've BEEN retired for 10 yrs. Not much point in "saving for retirement" any longer.

I'm trying to convince my wife of this. We are very well off and I'm still working and making the best money of my life.

She shops like we are poor and struggling like we were back 38 years ago...

I keep telling her to lighten up. I'm not saying go on a spending spree, but buy things we want sometimes without worrying.

Nanc and I didn't have kids. So, our "heirs" are my sister's two adult children and my BiL's triplet teens. We don't hear from or see them. $1000 spent on Christmas gifts for my niece's kids goes without a thank you. We DO hear from the BiL's daughters wanting money for school sponsoring of their theater and cheer leading. $500 a pop. Took three months to get the mom-mandated thank you call on that one.

So, may as well spend it on us or give it away. I keep telling Nanc to pick a pitbull rescue and will it all to them. Our dogs are far better family than anyone else.

I'm still gonna get me that fancy drill press, though. After 40 years of fighting these Taiwanese runout machines I deserve a nice press. ;)
Yeah, that's the ticket!!

Chris, sorry for taking over your thread. Honest, I'll start my own to talk about the welding! :)

Nanc and I didn't have kids. So, our "heirs" are my sister's two adult children and my BiL's triplet teens. We don't hear from or see them. $1000 spent on Christmas gifts for my niece's kids goes without a thank you. We DO hear from the BiL's daughters wanting money for school sponsoring of their theater and cheer leading. $500 a pop. Took three months to get the mom-mandated thank you call on that one.

So, may as well spend it on us or give it away. I keep telling Nanc to pick a pitbull rescue and will it all to them. Our dogs are far better family than anyone else.

I'm still gonna get me that fancy drill press, though. After 40 years of fighting these Taiwanese runout machines I deserve a nice press. ;)
Yeah, that's the ticket!!

Chris, sorry for taking over your thread. Honest, I'll start my own to talk about the welding! :)

That's what the thread is for! So, we can all discuss our tools and the need/want for better or the best!

Our kids are all grown up too. We only hear from them when they have a problem, and we never hear from the three grandkids...

I was thinking back, and I think I may have been the same way about keeping in touch. However, I NEVER asked my parents for a thing, nor did I call them if I had any type of problem. I also made sure I brought the grandkids to visit every 18 months which was quite a feat because I lived in Japan and Korea for 15 years straight during my career in the USAF!

Dang, that drill press went from $1700 when I wishlisted it at AMZ to $2000 when I looked at it today. Should have leapt before. :(

Dang, that drill press went from $1700 when I wishlisted it at AMZ to $2000 when I looked at it today. Should have leapt before. :(

It was $1899 when I bought mine if you're talking about the Nova Voyager. It did go up to $1999.

I purchased mine on June 14th. By the way, I still Love it!

It was $1899 when I bought mine if you're talking about the Nova Voyager. It did go up to $1999.

I purchased mine on June 14th. By the way, I still Love it!
Thanks, Chris! I must have gotten some numbers crossed, what with the million prices I’ve looked at lately deciding on welders.
$100 isn’t so bad at all, given the inflation and world economy.
Thanks, again.

Back