Week long project finished

Man that is a beautiful knife! All finished up in a week.
Thanks Ty. A full seven days of nothing but this knife. Much of it was on the handle. Fun build but was getting burned out focusing on one knife alone. I think I’ll have to juggle knife projects from now on so I don’t hit the wall on a single knife. :oops:

Very nice! I'm the opposite of you on builds. I have to do one knife at a time otherwise I become too scatterbrained and lose focus on whatever knife I have in front of me.

Very nice! I'm the opposite of you on builds. I have to do one knife at a time otherwise I become too scatterbrained and lose focus on whatever knife I have in front of me.

Funny, I seem to waver between single focus and multiple focus. I think the difference for me is if the project starts taking too long it tends to get old and I add in another project. Then my better half wonders why I started another project before finishing the first. :)

I'm a succor for feather Damascus. Very nice work, Mike. Great design and well executed. If you don't mind me asking, how did you keep the Damascus etch around the tang? Did you etch it after attaching and shaping the scales?

I'm a succor for feather Damascus. Very nice work, Mike. Great design and well executed. If you don't mind me asking, how did you keep the Damascus etch around the tang? Did you etch it after attaching and shaping the scales?

After the handle is shaped and fully sanded but before buffing, I mask off the spine/belly with electrical tape. Apply etchant with a Qtip. Wipe down with windex. Remove tape and residue from the tape and then wax and buff. Be careful of drips off the edge onto the blade because that will obviously make that part of the blade darker and inconsistent. For that reason I don’t overload the Qtip.

The only thing wrong with it is I can't put my hands on it to try it out!! Sweeeeeeeeet!!!

Thanks! I believe the next one will have a slight design change where the tip is not so vulnerable. It flexes pretty good but I think it could be designed better.

That is absolutely gorgeous! All the right curves in all the right places. I can see where that handle took a lot of time and I love feather pattern Damascus. Do you remember the guys name on IG that you got the Damascus from? Congratulations on a stunning knife!

That is absolutely gorgeous! All the right curves in all the right places. I can see where that handle took a lot of time and I love feather pattern Damascus. Do you remember the guys name on IG that you got the Damascus from? Congratulations on a stunning knife!

I got the Damascus from @Andyalmknives
He does mostly railroad spike knives and on occasion offers Damascus. Thanks

Back