Weathered barn oak sheath

John M Cohea

Here is a sheath I made for this J Neilson bowie.
img_4357.jpg

The main body of the sheath is century old weathered barn oak with copper pins, a rawhide wrapped leather throat and belt loop, wrought iron concho, and a few strands of deerskin lace, antique trade beads tin cones, and a little horsehair round it out.
DSC03727.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

John,
Great looking sheath!!! When are we going to see something like this on one of your hawk's?2thumbs Wade

John, my friend, many years of making sheaths and admiring those made by others will eventually bring a "Ho Hum, what's new?" attitude that is difficult to ignore. It is seldom that anything new shows up and when it does I often see your name as the maker. This sheath of barn oak, rawhide and other period items is truly an attention grabber. Thanks for the opportunity to admire! ---Sandy---

P.S. Hope to chat with you at Atlanta in a month!!

Thanks all! Sandy, I appreciate compliements and praise from all of my peers,but when they come from true masters of the art of sheathmaking such as you and Paul(and of course others) they are really near and dear to my heart2thumbs! Sadly i won't be able to make Blade this year, but I will certainly be thinking of ya'll and all the fun you will be having!

John this one is simply Great! That oak look really nice and certainly doesn't need much to adorn it up right. Well done my friend.

Pat

Back