We are ready!

messerist

My son Gunnar and I have finished up our KITH contributions. First....mine.
It is designed for the discerning Chef who has to have the right tool to whip up a Zombie Fricassee. A combination boning and slicing knife.
OAL: 13 1/2"
Blade: 7 1/2"
Forged 5160 triple hardened and quenched
Handle: Brown canvas micarta
Sheath: 10oz zombie skin
Dad and Gunnar's 2013 KITH 011.JPG Dad and Gunnar's 2013 KITH 012.JPG

My son Gunnar finished his sheath today
Gunnar stiching sheath.jpg

Here he is with his blade
Dad and Gunnar's 2013 KITH 009.JPG

Dad and Gunnar's 2013 KITH 004.JPG

Dad and Gunnar's 2013 KITH 007.jpg

It is slightly under 11" long with a massive chopping edge that will power through the thickest zombie skull like butter. The handle is wrapped "Glow-in-the-dark" 550 Cord sealed with Minwax Wood Hardener. I stole the idea from Stormcrow:16: The sheath is from the remaining stash of our tanned zombie hide, which I understand is a very good Zombie repellant next to 00 buck. I really want to thank you all for letting my son contribute to this KITH. I did help with the forging(straightening, profiling etc.) and I did the heat treat but the remainder is all Gunnar. Since I do not have a grinder he had to drawfile and finish sanding his blade with good old fashioned muscle power! I am a proud Dad. He did get a little frustrated when I would not let him procrastinate but a deadline is a deadline. He carved a little skull for the lanyard and left it a tad long so that the winner can adjust it how they see fit. Now the 3rd of June can't come fast enough! He is one excited little guy. School's out and a new knife! What could make a kid happier? Thanks again Gents!

Awesome work by both of you! I think this makes a pretty strong case for knifemaking skills being genetic. My boys are screwed.......

Back