Waterjet Blanks From NJ Steel Baron

I think that's a screamin' deal! the small edc I made two years back were 6$ to cut waterjet...AND.....shipping there on my nickle...and back....

I now cut them on my CNC. machines are paid for but it's slowwwwww...about how I move these days so I don't mind. Lol. Those guys are smart to offer that! next they'll be making Damascus from everyone's left over trims....lol!

If you don’t mind me asking why not have the water jet drill out your pin holes aswell

I’m hoping to order some blanks soon and I’m just curious
I probably will in the future. This was my first order and I wasn’t sure how accurate they could be with placement and pin size. I think Gene Kimi has his blanks made with pin holes and the waste handle steel removed. Guess I need to talk to Gene before my next order.

Holy cow! That’s a screaming deal. Thinking I might start working in some smaller batches and that might be the ticket for the one or two designs I want to do batches of.
There is some upfront cost but it’s not bad. They have to convert your templates over to CAD. I had three templates converted and it was $30. Costs depends on how complicated your design is.

I do have them cut the pin holes at 1/8", but just as a guide as the hole is not super accurate. It actually comes out a little under an 1/8", so I can drill them to an exact 1/8" or usually to 3/16" for the corbys I use.

I just got my 2nd batch from them and have to say, if you do multiples of the same model, it is well worth having them cut the blanks for you. I'm super pleased with the quality and the price. Wish I would have done this sooner.

I do have them cut the pin holes at 1/8", but just as a guide as the hole is not super accurate. It actually comes out a little under an 1/8", so I can drill them to an exact 1/8" or usually to 3/16" for the corbys I use.

I just got my 2nd batch from them and have to say, if you do multiples of the same model, it is well worth having them cut the blanks for you. I'm super pleased with the quality and the price. Wish I would have done this sooner.
Thanks Gene! Your post on your first order made me decide to check them out. I’m glad I did. I have a few more models that I want to get done.

To bad they don't offer heat treating as well.
Just if you are Interested. https://www.jarodtodd.com/
Does plasma cutting, offers reputable steel, heat treating, cryo, surface grinding, helps with drawings and does absolutely great conscientious work.
I just got a dozen delivered of some AEB-L kitchen blaides. Straight and surface ground with holes and cutouts. Clean, individually wrapped and well packaged. Timely too.
Prices for everything are on target.
The rest is up to me... ;-)
SS

Back