Watching and waiting

I,ve been in the shop daily and just haven't taken any pictures lately. The Little Rock Show is coming up next month and I,m behind as usual trying to fill orders for delivery there.

What would you like to see a WIP on next?

I'm cool with anything, your creativity is too far beyond me. When I read the start of the matchlock ax thread I would have never thought of that in a million years.

Did you ever think about doing a poll for laughs? We could all vote on what WIP we would like to see next:biggrin:

Call me crazy the wife dose all the time

OK that can be arranged. If not I,ll start another billet. I think another folder WIP is due anyway.

Cool, I think the fan club approves:)

In all seriousness WIP's are a lot of effort and extra time and we appreciate you taking the time just so we can watch.

OK that can be arranged. If not I,ll start another billet. I think another folder WIP is due anyway.

I like it! Let me know if I can do anything. I'm good at running and fetching, etc. (Well maybe not so much running, anymore, but I can still drive).

Would seriously like to see a Bump wip version of a fancy hunter similar to Tim Hancocks AKI creations if that would be of interest to you Bruce.

Bruce,
If you or anyone can show me how to freehand grind a dagger on a wheel at 1750 rpm and no variable speed, I think I might just weep with joy/relief. And maybe send them a bottle of something from the cellar.

Bruce,
If you or anyone can show me how to freehand grind a dagger on a wheel at 1750 rpm and no variable speed, I think I might just weep with joy/relief. maybe send them a bottle of something from the cellar.

That would be an easy one. I like sweet red from the cellar.
I don't have variable speed on my Burrking and get along just fine. Its about muscle memory and sound. You will get to hear and feel when it's in the groove. Your friends and neighbors will be impressed.

Bruce, I'd say you're getting along VERY well. I've been doing ok (not great, but ok) hollow grinding regular blades. I've yet to sucessfully hollow grind a dagger though. I always overgrind my centerline, though I think I know what you mean about hearing and feeling it. I suppose it's just a matter of practice, but I wish that didn't waste belts and steel. At least overground, unfinished daggers are fun to throw at trees.

I've got 6 gallons of Cabernet from Red Mountain, 3 of port from other Washington grapes, 6 of Italian Barolo, and about 11 of a red blend from the coast of France, and am going to start something bold and Californian this week (I think, the wife is picking the juice up this weekend and hasn't told me for sure what she's getting) all of which should be done aging and ready to bottle about the time I get back to Texas next January. And about 8 kinds of home brewed beer. I'll be happy to send you a few bottles.

I have bee tormenting everyone over the Knifedog awards so to spread the grief around I thought I would torment Mr Bump :)

Any chance of seeing a WIP in 2016? I'm sure "The Bruce Bump fan club" would approve

Hi Brad,
I've kinda dropped off of my habit of taking the camera to work everyday. The fan club has gotten smaller because of it I'm afraid. And to top it off I didnt win an award this year. Woe is me. I'll just sit here and pout.

Brad, if you have a WIP award next year I will try for it. :)

I would think a more basic wip should be in order. I have a new pistol/folder WIP "Coachman" on my hard drive but it has over 400 pictures.

Last edited:
Back