Wanted- 2x72 Grinder, KMG, Square wheel, Coote What do you have?

mxlj

Looking to purchase my first 2x72 grinder. I thought I would check and see if anybody has one for sale, before I buy a new one. I am interested in a KMG, Wilton Square wheel, a Coote,. or may something else.... I only have 120 volt power, so if it has a motor with it I cant use 220v. I am 1 hour south of Kansas city, if somewhat nearby.

Chuck Ward is helping to sell the tools from a deceased maker's shop. You may try giving him a call or sending him an e-mail. I believe there were three verical and one horizontal. I'm unsure as to details about any of them.

I don't have Chuck's contact info, but you can Google Chuck Ward Photography.

Last edited:
Look at any motor you get. Some will do 110 or 220. Usually the 110 pulls twice the amps. So look and make sure your breaker can handle it. Try to find something that has at least three wheels. The Coot is a two wheel, good machine but a three wheel will track much better.

I just got an excellent grinder that uses all KMG attachments, it is made of mostly aluminum except the steel base plate, with 1 1/2 hp motor and step pulleys, they are a steal at only 1500.00 shipped!!!! Pm me if you are interested in one, I hope to have some pics of it for you guys to check it out, thanks, Dave.

MXLJ,
I have a 2x72 polarbearforge grinder I assembled to complete my own personal design grinder. I would like to get what I paid for the kit and parts. If you want the motor and control I can either sell the ones on it currently or give you the place I got them from. It has VFD for 220 2 hp and a 2hp motor. I have about 700 in everything. Let me know. Dave 715-246-6840

Back