Walker/TKroenlein KITH

Brad Walker

Todd and I are officially done with our KITH knives for this year!! This was my second KITH and the most rewarding because I actually got one in return this year!!! :p

I didn't take near as many WIP photos as I should have. Some of the better ones are show below. I have to say the knife I got from Todd was amazing in every detail! One of the pics below shows both of our knives together.

Steel - 1084
Handles - Hybrid made from live edge spalted maple burl mixed with cranberry and gold metallic epoxy. They were made by Mark Neilson from Blade & Burl Wood Products. bladeandburl.com
Sheath #1 - I made the black one. It's a standard pancake style sheath.
Sheath #2 - The green one was made by Josh at Offensive Industries. It's a deep carry sheath and has an ambidextrous opening, so the knife will fit in either direction. He can be found on Instagram @offensiveindustries.

(I will do a follow up post with the WIP photos)

20220108_171628.jpg20220118_161342.jpg20220118_161406.jpg20220118_161430.jpg20220118_161457.jpg

What's being done in this picture?
The retention clip that I use has to be put on with eyelets. I add a 3rd layer of Kydex to allow for this. The metal piece in the picture is the template that creates the space for the eyelet. I tape the 2 main pieces of the sheath are taped together with the knife inserted and then the 3rd piece is pressed. All 3 pieces are then put together with eyelets. The clips are from Discreet Carry Concepts. They are made from 10 series steel and are very strong.

I used to use screws to attach the 3rd piece after the sheath was finished. I didn't like the look of the sheath with the screws.

I finally got a little sunny weather so I could get some proper pictures outside. Don't be fooled though, it was cold and windy, and my fingers got numb in the few minutes it took.

Brad sent an awesome package, that included the knife, two kydex sheaths, a padded knife case, a very well done business card, a decal, and a well written care and use letter. He also did a much better job of executing the pattern than I did.

I had a great time doing this with Brad!

F381BCA0-E9C7-4EFE-BE50-A0CF7166B21D.jpegF2D584AB-AFA3-4E28-A805-D822804097EA.jpegA2A04286-3BAB-4C19-8EF2-C3C17BCEA6B5.jpeg

Back