W2

Walt2

I am wondering if any of you have ever had this experience with W2. This did not show up on the two blades that I had it happen on until the final steps of finishing them. There was one of these spots on each blade that was what looked like a small silver colored round starburst about 1/8" in diameter. Just curious.

Walter R. Powers

You got a picture, or can get one? It will definitly help with identifying the problem!
From your description, it doesn't sound familiar to me, and I've forge a lot of W2, as
well as stock removal of it, it a great steel easy to HT and gets a crazy sharp edge!
Awesome knife steel material, and if you want it creates some sick HAMON ACTION!
A bit more info as well as your The HT recipe you followed and if you did a claying job
on the spine, will help, Rex

You got a picture, or can get one? It will definitly help with identifying the problem!
From your description, it doesn't sound familiar to me, and I've forge a lot of W2, as
well as stock removal of it, it a great steel easy to HT and gets a crazy sharp edge!
Awesome knife steel material, and if you want it creates some sick HAMON ACTION!
A bit more info as well as your The HT recipe you followed and if you did a claying job
on the spine, will help, Rex

These were stock removal blades and the temper was done by Bos. There were 8 blades and only showed up in two of them. Do not have the blades anymore and no pictures.

Back