vietnam emblem on handle

Rey

Myself being a Disabled Vietnam Veteran I want to commemorate all my veteran brother in arms gone and still alive, by making a knife handle with the vietnam flag colors green, yellow, red on middle of handle. The handle will be elk with the emblem on it. Does anyone know what I can use to make this emblem with? I have seen the Anza nam handle knife and it is made of dymondwood sections looks good. I tried to make it using colored sewing tread but, did not work. I would appreciated your ideas gentlemen. Rey in Texas

Stick or full tang ?
Either way, the first thought would be spacers. Kids toys and detergent bottles come in a rainbow of colors if you don't have spacer material....kids never noticed they were gone. When I need an inlay badge I head to the local Army/Navy surplus for the real thing. You might consider an inlay with colored epoxy if you're doing slabs. Epoxy and paracord maybe.

Rudy

Along the lines of what Rudy has said as far as spacers or liners go. I have used those packages of color coded plastic disposable cutting boards that you can find at the Cooking supply stores and on ebay and Amazon.

I know those come in a Yellow Green & Red.

Back