Van Helsing Bowie

antigoth24

Well I had another nice photo from Caleb Royer sent over today that I have been dying to share. I finished this one around Halloween and it was built around the idea of "what would Van Helsing use?" For those unfamiliar Van Helsing is the original slayer of Dracula and was the center of a blockbuster about ten years ago where he battles all sorts of evil creatures. Originally this knife blade was intended for a different blade, but when the customer wasn't quite happy with the pattern of the damascus it became destined for something else. I wanted the channel the vampire hunter vibe into different aspects of the knife and I think it came through pretty well, especially with the tombstone bandoleer. Everything on this knife is sole authorship and this sheath was a BIG step forward for me. So as always comments and critiques are always welcome. Thanks for looking!

- Robert

Specs:

Overall Length: 15 1/4 inches
Blade: 9 inches
Damascus: Standard twist and twisted jellyroll 1084/15n20
Guard: Shibuichi (30% silver/70% copper)
Handle: Stabilized claro walnut

Robert, I have been looking at a number of your knives over the past couple of days. Really high quality workmanship, and nice creativity. For whatever my opinion is worth, anyway.
kc

Thanks Kevin that means a lot coming from you, especially since your work was what helped me learn to look for some of those traits in the first place. :D

Back