Using Facebook

DLBrothers

Has/is anyone using Facebook as a marketing tool? If so, how has it worked for you? I had a website, used it mainly as a photo gallery. Did not have point and click sales on it. I decided after some discussion with a few folks that I could do much the same thing on Facebook for free. So I have started a page and frankly have not seen much traffic....at all, a few friends is about it. It can be found under "Brother Blades" or by searching my name either one. Anybody have any experience and advice on this avenue?
Thanks -

I have a facebook page specifically for my knifemaking, but only my facebook friends have visited. I never really considered it a marketing tool. But it is a good tool for showing off your work to your friends. I have seen some of the thumbnail pictures of my knives show up on Google, so I guess it could bring in some traffic. But my website is my main marketing tool.

Has/is anyone using Facebook as a marketing tool? If so, how has it worked for you? I had a website, used it mainly as a photo gallery. Did not have point and click sales on it. I decided after some discussion with a few folks that I could do much the same thing on Facebook for free. So I have started a page and frankly have not seen much traffic....at all, a few friends is about it. It can be found under "Brother Blades" or by searching my name either one. Anybody have any experience and advice on this avenue?
Thanks -
I could not find your Fb page using the search terms you suggested
Post the link here

I think it is a great marketing tool:
Show your WIP or upcoming blades for sale (whet the appetite)
Give always (1st one is free)

Also, make sure you have a link to your FB page on your "main" website

As Trent said you have to direct people to your FB page. So links on your website, in your signatures on forums, or anywhere else you are on the web are good. Also, participating in knife related FB pages and groups would be good.

I have sold many knives on FB. In my area they have swap shop & garage sale type FB pages and I post a few pics there and write a few lines and it works great for me. Thats why I haven't posted any knives here in a while, I've been selling them locally and on FB as fast as I can make them.

Facebook has been a great marketing tool for me. I made an account for my Business, it started as a fan based account and then was changed over to a friends only account. It has taken almost a year to get decent results from using it.. However, it does allows me to get pictures out in the public faster than what I can with my website. It seems like people tend to contact me more via Facebook vs. using my business email as well.

Facebook is somewhat of a free advertisement and it works if used correctly. I've sold a few items off of there, the biggest perk is the ease of being able to show off your work.

Absolutely. I am actually getting more sales from contacts from facebook than anywhere else right now. It is a great tool, if you keep up with it. I spend time daily talking with people on there, posting stuff that is coming up, posting what I have available, all kinds of stuff.

More than Arfcom? Or do a lot of the arfcom folks hit your face book page then your main site or direct message? I love your site, by the way, very nice. I stop in now and then just to see what new stuff you're up to.

Back