Update On Blade Show 2020

Randy Lucius

Just got an email. Blade Show is still triyng to make up their mind about having the show. They say they have no availability to move the show to a later date. It's either hold it as scheduled or cancel. They might as well cancel it. Most people I know have cancelled their hotel reservations.

I agree. I spoke with a number of makers via phone about the survey sent by Blade..... most folks simply said that if it wasn't rescheduled to the fall, or after all this virus stuff had passed....that they wouldn't attend.

It's already a not go for me....I just can't chance it.

I agree. I spoke with a number of makers via phone about the survey sent by Blade..... most folks simply said that if it wasn't rescheduled to the fall, or after all this virus stuff had passed....that they wouldn't attend.

It's already a not go for me....I just can't chance it.
That is God's own truth. People like us have to be extra vigilant .. Or the consequences are fatal. Stay safe . We all need you around here for a long time.

I understand their reluctance to call it canceled. There has to be a lot of money spent already and committed. I still expect they will ultimately cancel.

Even though the crisis may well have passed by the time the show is scheduled, there’s just no way to tell at this point. So when is the Blade Show Weat scheduled for this year?

I guess this could be a blessing in disguise for me, I was planning on having my 5 JS presentation knives done for blade this year, but I've been falling behind. So if they cancel this year, I should definitely be ready for 2021! I was kinda looking forward to my first year having a table though

If you've never been to Bade before, let me tell you, it is PACKED. Wall to wall people

I can't think of a worse place to be during a pandemic

Even if they lift all the shelter in place orders and there is a lull in the virus, no way would I get near a massive crowd like that. Too risky.

So I got the email today saying that the official date for blade show has been changed to August 7-9. I'm still not sure how I feel about that, as I just assumed they would cancel and reschedule for next year. It does give me a few more months to finish my JS knives if I decide to test this year

I got the same. It’s not ideal for me but it’s my first time going and I’m still planning to go. I’ve got six or seven Blade University classes bought as well as tickets for my wife and I. Definitely looking forward to it!

I'm going to email them tomorrow and have them transfer my payment to next year. Too much uncertainty this year. Hopefully 2021 will be an awesome year for my first table at blade..

Back