unknown custom(?) knife

Vance C.

recently i was at an estate sale and i found a pretty interesting folding knife. i was wondering if anyone had more information on it than i do, as far as i can tell, its made of rosewood and brass, and has a cork screw, bottle opener, and large blade stamped "inox". the reason i think its a custom blade is because of the lanyard piece, which is not common, to my knowledge, on production knives. It also has a threaded screw type pivot piece on the blade, rather than a peened pin. lastly, it has roping down the length of the brass spacer on both front and back.

does anyone have any more information on blades like this one?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAGE_055.jpg
    IMAGE_055.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMAGE_056.jpg
    IMAGE_056.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 260
I see India/China knock-offs of those type of knives with that type of lock at the local re-enactments, sad such an event would sell knock-offs. Don't know anything else about them.

cool thanks guys, thankfully, if its a cheap chinese one, i only paid about a buck and a half for it, so its no skin off my back.

cool thanks guys, thankfully, if its a cheap chinese one, i only paid about a buck and a half for it, so its no skin off my back.

You definitely got it cheaper than they sell them; but based on what Mike says it's probably an old American made one - looks relatively unused.

would the american ones still be stamped inox? the wood, to my suprise is really pristine, but the roping on the brass spacers is wearing down

I am not that well versed on the subject but I think most American manufacturers stamped their stainless blades with "Stainless". I have seen a lot of Italian and some French blades marked "Inox". It is commonly seen on Italian switchblades and stilettos.

The word "inox" comes from French "inoxydable".

Last edited:
yeah thats what i was thinkin, im just not too knowledgeable on the collector part of knives, im more interested in makin them, but at estate sales i find some cool knives i wanna know more about!

I am not that well versed on the subject but I think most American manufacturers stamped their stainless blades with "Stainless". I have seen a lot of Italian and some French blades marked "Inox". It is commonly seen on Italian switchblades and stilettos.

The word "inox" comes from French "inoxydable".

I've also seen "INOX" on knives from Spain (Toledo).

This is a rehabbed knife made from parts from different knives.
It also looks to have been done by someone who knew what they were doing. The blades are stainless but from these pictures the corkscrew looks to be not.
The bail looks to be from a watch fob knife.
The adjustable pivot pin is definitely an add on.

Back