Two found treasures...but what are they?

Rockdog

These were found in my uncle's home when he inherited it some time ago. Any ideas? The small dagger has some writing etched into the blade and the handle has two shell (?) slices in it. I believe the owner was of Danish decent if that helps at all. Any direction would be great. The second one has a bone handle and I believe this one was made for tourists. It had a matching twin of this size and a larger version as well but they have unfortunately been lost to thieving hands. Any way. First post with pics so let’s see how it goes. Thanks. Sorry for the poor quality pictures but the best camera I have for now.

Knife work 009.jpgKnife work 006.jpgKnife work 007.jpgKnife work 008.jpg

The knife with a bolster and buttcap is a puukko, possibly Finnish in origin. The one with the recurve is a bit harder to place, but it resembles the small knives that are often sheathed with a kukri, the handle is horn, possibly made in India.

GHEzell, thanks for the info. I am pretty sure the re-curve was with a kukri, I remember there being two of these small knives and the large kukri in the sheath back when it was found and before they came into my hands. I didn't really think about the handle being horn and not bone but that is more likely what it is. Seems to be crudely made so I may be wrong as well about it being for the tourist market… I will do some research on the Puukko as I am completely unfamiliar with them. As I said the original owner (as far as I know) was from Denmark so that puts it in the right area. I know he had some connection to the Royalty there but I am not sure of what it was. Thanks for answering so quickly BTW.

Back