Tried something new, removable scales and kydex

PetrifiedWood

Well after making 20 or so Scandi grind knives with glued scales and Loveless bolts I decided to try a flat grind with some standoffs so the scales can be removed (just for kicks). Also this is my first kydex sheath. I followed Boss Dog's youtube videos on making sheaths with the material and they were very helpful (though this is a different type of sheath). I used a leather belt loop because that was easiest, and punched multiple holes so that it can be carried horizontally or vertically on the belt by moving the belt loop around. Also, there are two "tensioner" holes at the top of the sheath for Chicago screws so the sheath's tension can be adjusted if necessary. Another first for me is the exposed tang extension.

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

The specs are:

5/32" O1
1/4" Diameter lanyard hole
8-32X1/4" Torx screws with 1/4" stand-offs
9.25" OAL
4.25" blade
Tigerstripe G10 scales

Thanks for looking!

Looks great man. Gota love that orange and black G10.
I like the sheath too , it reminds me of my Multi-Carry system, Great Job.

Keep em coming.

Dwane

Dang that is a good looking knife

Interesting knife and sheath. What is the purpose of the tang extension?

Most of the people who have been buying my knives are camping/bushcraft/outdoors people who like to process firewood and do camp crafts with their knives. The tang extension is to protect the scales from impact in case they drive the tip of the knife into some wood by whacking the pommel with a big stick. (This is common among this group of people.)

Back