Traditional Slip Joint Folder #001

Did you make the Jig to do the mill relief on the liners from the book? or are you using a rotary table? I really like the pattern by the way. Kind of a Ruple look to the blades. The re-curve is a little different but I like it though. Cant wait to see the 3 blade, is it gonna be a whittler or just a stockman.

Did you make the Jig to do the mill relief on the liners from the book? or are you using a rotary table? I really like the pattern by the way. Kind of a Ruple look to the blades. The re-curve is a little different but I like it though. Cant wait to see the 3 blade, is it gonna be a whittler or just a stockman.

I love the whittler pattern. It looks dang challenging. :eek:

I have a love for re-curve blades, cant help it.

I use a small rotary table for the reliefs. I cant quite figure out the jig in the book.

Dang gone Mr Bump Looking at all of your work with those Bang Knives you should have no problem with a lil old pocket knife.

Bruce, every knife you make is better than the last. Number 10 is stunning!

Read the whole thread, took the web tour of all your pages and pictures, enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks for sharing, I am really looking forward to what you have coming up.
See you later or on the way up.
Jim

What is the book Rusty is referencing?

These are looking very nice Bruce.

Leadfoot

Bruce, I have a feeling you are going to end up being one of the Greats, when it comes to traditional slipjoint makers.

Keep them coming buddy!!

Thanks again guys for the fine words about my work. I do hope to settle down into some patterns that are consistantly pleasing to me as well as the collector. This ride so far has taken me from 3 piece hunting knives that I was lucky to even sell all the way to upper end gun/knife combinations. The slipjoint pocket knife is very challenging in its own ways and could prove to be something I would like to finish my career off doing.

What is the book Rusty is referencing?

These are looking very nice Bruce.

Leadfoot

Rusty loaned me his copy of "How To Make Multi-Blade Folding Knives" by Eugene Shadley & Terry Davis
Its a great book if you are feeling that you have mastered the fixed blade and need more in life. :D

Last edited:
Thanks again guys for the fine words about my work. I do hope to settle down into some patterns that are consistantly pleasing to me as well as the collector. This ride so far has taken me from 3 piece hunting knives that I was lucky to even sell all the way to upper end gun/knife combinations. The slipjoint pocket knife is very challenging in its own ways and could prove to be something I would like to finish my career off doing.

Rusty loaned my his copy of "How To Make Multi-Blade Folding Knives" by Eugene Shadley & Terry Davis
Its a great book if you are feeling that you have mastered the fixed blade and need more in life. :D

OOH I need that book!!!

Thanks for the info Bruce, while folders are a long ways down the road, having the books on hand is always a good choice. Will be looking for one.

Leadfoot

Thanks for the info Bruce, while folders are a long ways down the road, having the books on hand is always a good choice. Will be looking for one.

Leadfoot

I found one on Barnes and Noble used for $225. Maybe Rusty should rent his out if I ever give it back. hehehe:D

Heres number 013 a "Peanut" what a pain. Its small and has 2 blades. I like it though.

Last edited:
You do some incredible work Mr. Bruce. I am consistently amazed by what I see in your threads. Keep up the good work.

I may try a slip joint next. I ordered some nickel silver rods and pins today, along with some other essential folder stuff. I wish I could find a tutorial thread on one of these slip joints. The older guys around me really like these types of knives.

Back