Tracking?

Rey

I have noticed that the TW-90 grinder by Travis Wuertz has the tracking located on the bottom frame. Seems that this tracks precise due to the adustment of the main frame to the left or the right. Anyone know of this and how to install this on a 2x72 grinder versus the top tracking knob control of tracking wheel?

Doesn't the TW-90 move motor a tad for tracking adjustment? Very efficient way to do it. I use the tracking wheel mounted to top of arm, but with two adjustments, a coarse and a fine adjustment.
Tracking-Adjust.jpg

The two bolts on top that will allow a "twist" to the tracking wheel are the coarse adjustment, and the thru bolt that "tilts" the tracking wheel is the fine adjustment. Seldom have to touch the coarse adjustment. I've seen this in a couple other grinders, but not sure who originated the idea, but does serve a similar purpose as "twisting" the motor.

Interesting would never have thought the motor had this adjustment. Thanks for your input

I'm thinking about getting a TW 90.

You won't regret it. At least I never have.

There are a lot of choices in grinders these days but I think the TW-90 is still the class of the field.

It's expensive but worth it IMO. I use it for much more than just knife making.

Buy once, cry once.

If I'm not mistaken it comes with everything you need, standard wheel is 8" but it comes with platen, etc.?

If I'm not mistaken it comes with everything you need, standard wheel is 8" but it comes with platen, etc.?

Yes. 8" wheel, platen, 2 rests and small wheel holder.

Although I don't remember if it comes with small wheels. I don't think so.

About 2 years after I got it I bought a 12" wheel and the doubler plates that he makes.

Keep in mind that this thing came out of the box ready to rock n roll. No adjustments, no monkeying around. I just mounted it and it ran perfectly.

Back