Toothache

Hell, I can't win for losing. We keep a couple of children for one our friends. My daughter asked me why Dad? I told when you get too old and decrypted to dig a ditch you babysit!! Don't worry I will still keep yours free of charge!! LOL

Anyway I found out the little girl we have been keeping has full blown flu. I remember sitting and helping her with her homework two days ago and she was coughing every breath. I finally looked her and told her, sweetie I know you aren't feeling good but please cover your mouth when you cough. As the spitall sprayed my arm!

So neither myself or the wife have had a flu shot this year. So we are on Tamiflu tonight and, I am praying the wife don't get it. With her immune system being down and her with COPD it could put her in the hospital!!

On top of that. All the help I had lined up to help work on the house this weekend. Well they all backed out when I told them the doctor said there could still be live flu virus in the house!! I don't blame them I wouldn't take a chance either!! So I am gonna be solo this weekend. Replace and repair two doors, one a double door! And I got three runs of siding 75' long to take off and replace!!!

If I could still go like I see myself doing in my mind! It wouldn't be bad. I use to eat a job like that in one weekend!! Problem is my mind still thinks I move that fast and my body just laughs and says, reality it a wicked woman, ain't it!!! I still haven't figured out who that old man is behind me in the mirror. However I will give him this much, he is fast. By the time I turn around he is always gone!! Rolling laughter.gif

another time about 15 years ago something was cutting into the side of my tongue, I thought it was a wisdom tooth coming through, they took x rays and they said they never saw anything like it before. it was a bone spur from my jaw, it didn't have anything to do with my teeth. they just took their air dremel and ground it down, never bothered me again.

Back to the dentist on Monday, hopefully. dang weirdest thing. my lower left jaw was starting to ache about a week ago and I figured I was getting some sort of tooth ache, nope...looked in the mirror with a flashlight yesterday and found I got another bone spur growing thru my gum and starting to cut my tongue. :confused: I just read about it on the internet, it happens but I don't know anyone else it's happened to. this is some strange dental business right here.o_O

I once had a tooth pulled and it shattered in the process of pulling it! It took the dentist quite a while to get it all out, (or so we thought)! About 2 weeks later the area is pretty much healed. Then it begins to be sore again and when I chewed I could feel pressure there. I went in and in the mirror I found out I had a piece of something white sticking up from where the tooth had been pulled. I tried to get on it with tweezers and moved it but I couldn't hold on to it. So I went to my tool box got a pair of forceps and sterilized them. I dumped the area full of the stuff you put on kids gums when they are cutting teeth. I went to work. I pulled a shiver of tooth or bone about the size of a matchstick in diameter and about an 1" long. After that I kept rinsing with salt water and peroxide mix! A day or two and all was done!!

Home brewed dentistry, you probably saved a couple hundred bucks. :D
they used a dremel on me last time, but I got to draw the line at sticking a dremel into the back of my mouth, I'd hate to get my tonsils in a twist. o_O

I once had a tooth pulled and it shattered in the process of pulling it! It took the dentist quite a while to get it all out, (or so we thought)! About 2 weeks later the area is pretty much healed. Then it begins to be sore again and when I chewed I could feel pressure there. I went in and in the mirror I found out I had a piece of something white sticking up from where the tooth had been pulled. I tried to get on it with tweezers and moved it but I couldn't hold on to it. So I went to my tool box got a pair of forceps and sterilized them. I dumped the area full of the stuff you put on kids gums when they are cutting teeth. I went to work. I pulled a shiver of tooth or bone about the size of a matchstick in diameter and about an 1" long. After that I kept rinsing with salt water and peroxide mix! A day or two and all was done!!
I got all my teeth out in 1982 and had a few years of broken bits comming through the gum with the last one making itself known about 15 years back. It was more than a chip of bone this time and ended up being the remains of the tooth so I finally got it out last year and am in the process of getting a set of dentures

Well, I had the bone spur successfully removed from my lower jaw today, regretfully it wasn't large enough to do any scrimshaw on it so I let them keep it. :D

I got all my teeth out in 1982 and had a few years of broken bits comming through the gum with the last one making itself known about 15 years back. It was more than a chip of bone this time and ended up being the remains of the tooth so I finally got it out last year and am in the process of getting a set of dentures
Can you recommend me any good dentist? I am suffering from toothache and want to extract some teeth.

Had a wisdom tooth pulled 45 years ago. Started getting some swelling and pain a couple days later. Contacted the dentist and he got me an antibiotic. Two days later the swelling was so bad I went to emergency. Doctor there called the dentist and they decided I hadn't been on the antibiotic long enough to do any good so they just sent me home. A couple more days and I was having difficulty swallowing and labored breathing. Called the dentist again and he had me go to an oral surgeon. He took a look at me and did a culture. Then he walked me across the street to the hospital. The first thing they did was an emergency trac so I could breath easier before before they knocked me out so they could do some more cutting. Ended up in the hospital for 5 days. They told me I had Ludwig Angina. All this over a wisdom tooth extraction.

Back